Chapter 23

Normal POV
Once the dragons came through, the military  immediately took action. They started rounding up and evacuating civilians. Y/n helped get the attention of all wizards and started leading them to central Crocus. That was until she heard an all to familiar screech fill the air. She stopped dead in her tracks.

"Y/N! What are you doing we need to go" Sting yelled.

"Atlas... You're here" She said and started flying towards him before a hand grabbed her ankle. She looked down to see Ogra. "LET GO OF ME YOU APE".

Your POV

"Nope! C'mon! I don't care who that dragon is we have orders to follow" He argued. You tried to keep flying, but his brute force was to much, and you gave up trying. He kept walking, still holding your ankle. You could only watch as more dragons came through the gate. Their screeches sent shockwaves through the air, which eventually made you lose your balance and de-form your wings.

Their steps were earthquakes, their wings and talons destroyed entire buildings with no effort. It was in that moment you realized the true destructive capability of the creatures that raised you. You were all gathered up in the center when all the dragons flew up simultaneously.

"Spread out! How we are now they'll be able to take us all out in one fell swoop" Makarov ordered. The guilds then all spread to different parts of the city. But you just stood there.

"Y/n" Sting asked worried.

"Go on. I'll... I'll catch up in a bit" You said.

"Are you sure". You nodded. Sting ran off. The reason you wanted to stay was because you saw your father approaching. He then landed. You were in front of the crowd of Fairy Tail wizards.

"Woah. That dragons huge" Erza commented.

"Something about it is familiar" Gajeel said.

"Your quite perceptive Gajeel. Indeed he looks familiar. I have his wings. He is my dragon" You said welling up. It felt so good just to see him alive again.

"WHAT?!" Everyone shouted.

"Human. Who are you" Atlas asked.

"Don't play your games with me Atlas! I know who you are. You must remember who I am" You cried.

"Y/n its no use! Just let me and Juvia get him with some water and ice magic" Gray called.

"NEVER".

"Y/N" Gajeel started.

"NEVER AGAIN! Never again will I let you be hurt! Never again will I let you die right before my eyes, by my hand! I won't let it happen" You shouted tears falling from your face.

"I feel pity for you poor human. You believe that I am your master, when I don't even know who you are" Atlas said with a hint of guilt in his voice.

You felt broken. Like you'd been stabbed through the heart. A hand fell on your shoulder. You looked up to see Gajeel.

"Listen Y/n. I don't care what connections you have to him. And you don't have to see it. Because you'll be to far away to see it" He cried grabbing your shoulders, and then whirling around and throwing you. The wind rushed by your face as you attempted to regain balance and from your wings.

You swooped down to a standing tower and landed. Panting you regained yourself and stood tall. Fairy Tail and Atlas were far away. But much closer was your team and their dragon. You jumped down and ran forward.

"Y/n! What happened to Atlas-" Sting was cut off as you ran ahead ignoring him and jumped forward.

"THIS IS FOR ATLAS" You hollered. "HELL FIRE FIST" Your hand slammed into the side of its face. You fell back down to your team.

"Y/n" Sting cried running to you. "Are you ok".

"I'm fine" You said brushing him off you. You were about to attack when Sting stopped you.

"Y/N! GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF". You stopped. Then did what you seemed to be best at. You ran. Away from Sting, and away from Atlas into a tower. There you raced up the stairs and then fell. You curled up crying. Atlas didn't know who you were. Nothing was right. You got back up to the top of the tower.

It didn't mater who got hurt, you were never going to hurt another dragon again.