[022] sneak in

l u c a sI looked out the window at the light hazy grey sky

l u c a s
I looked out the window at the light hazy grey sky. It was supposed to rain but all I ever saw was light sprinkles of rain from here and there. I sighed a little as I eyed the food on the right side of my bed. It was the same thing every week.

Hospital food is the worst. Don't let anyone else tell you different. My diet consisted of some type of heated up protein, a vegetable side, something sweet (if I was lucky), a slice of bread, and bland pudding to create bowl movements. Now that I was awake, the doctors told that I would be out soon. They just wanted to observe my vitals to make sure I was okay.

I usually slept through the day and was wide awake at night. Sometimes I slept through visiting hours and Maya would drop off something for me. I missed her. I was more excited to get out of here and be able to hug her. Even though it might be a little hard with a broken arm. It was healing pretty good, though, the cast was awkward at first but I adjusted.

"Mr. Friar, you have to eat." The sound of the voice made me turn towards the nurse who carried fresh sheets. She had a small smile as she began to strip my bed from the sheets last night.

"I know. I'm just not hungry, Mrs. Dubois." I sighed as she put the old sheets into a small bin and continued to fix my bed.

"The healthier you get. The faster you can get out of here." She chuckled under her breath as she managed to put the sheets on in such a quick minute. She had to have a lot of practice to do so.

"Can't we just eat something more you know... edible?" I half joked as I took a seat in the chair in the room.

"Don't you wanna see that girlfriend was yours? The blonde one right? Or is it the brunette? Or maybe the dark haired girl? Or boyfriend? Possibly even that guy that is with them.. I don't judge." As she suggested who I was dating it made me almost choke on my drink when she mentioned Zay.

"The guys name is Zay and he's my best friend. The brunette is Riley and she's not my girlfriend- well I guess the correct term would be ex- but that doesn't matter. The girl with black hair.. her name is Isadora. She's dating Zay." I clarified for her as I brought the drink back to my mouth and took another sip.

"So it is the blonde? She's pretty." She smiled at me as she took the pillow cases off the pillows and replaced them by similar white colored cases. "So.. is she just your girlfriend or.. what? She has been here everyday even when I told her you were awake."

"Yeah. Even though It's only been two days since I was able to get visitors.. I've been asleep every time and I feel like such crap cause all I wanna do is see her. Yet when the time comes that she comes to see me.. I'm not awake." I groaned as I rolled my eyes.

"She understands that you need your rest. Besides you will be getting out soon, so you won't have a set time limit. Oh. I almost forgot- she brought you something." She gave me another smile as she fluffed the pillows and then walked out of the room. In a couple of seconds, she returned with something.. It was a small bag.

"What's this?" I furrowed my eyebrows as I took the bag off of her hands and sat it on my lap.

"She brought it earlier today, since I told her you were resting." She explained and I nodded my head. "The hospital has us check everything that comes through, but I might've turned a blind eye to this one."

She gave me a quick wink then took the bin filled with the dirty sheets and walked out the room. I chuckled as I opened the bag and noticed various sweets. That's when I noticed a phone at the bottom of the bag. I hadn't seen a phone since the night of the accident when I was talking to her. That phone must've been tarnished. This phone is brand new. I clicked the home button and it illuminated on. I unlocked it and went to the messages and dialed her phone number.

"Hello?" She answered at the first ring and I could hear the shakiness of her voice. Just the sound of her voice made me smile though.

"Hey, blonde beauty." I teased as I looked towards the door to make sure no nurses came into the room.

"Hi, huckleberry." She chuckled as soon as she heard my voice. "I see you got my present? I was sure they would've caught me."

"Yeah. Well only some of the nurses here are cool." I smirked and I knew she could sense me smirking cause she started laughing.

"Are you gonna find another women at the hospital?" She faked a gasp and I laughed. "How are you?"

"I wish I could say that I'm doing perfect, but I just want you here with me and I can't have that." I mumbled under my breath and looked up at the ceiling.

"I'll sneak in just to see you." She teased and I knew she was joking but.. I didn't care.

"Please." I whispered.

"Wait. What? You want me to sneak in to the hospital?" She said in a more serious tone and I swallowed the lump in my throat that had began to form.

"I-... yes. I want to see you. I want to feel you. I want to touch you. I want to kiss you. I want to hug you. I don't care what as long as I'm with you." I said in a low voice.

"Lucas." She sighed and didn't saying anything for a few seconds. "Okay. I'll do it later tonight, but I swear, huckleberry if you fall asleep I'll kill you."

"Great! I promise I'll stay awake for you. Just text me when you're close and we will figure it out." The smile on my lips grew at the thought and she chuckled.

"I guess it's time to see if I still got it." She laughed. "I love you."

I took a deep breath in and her words.

"I love you too. You're my everything."

a/n: so it's my birthday and i finished my homework early so i decided to write a smol chapter for you all.