[021] all my fault

a/n: sorry for late/short update but ive been occupied w the holidays anyways. happy new years and hopefully you didn't have too much fun ;) also this is a smol filler for now ( which isn't v important to the plot but just astrid and lucas talking )

 happy new years and hopefully you didn't have too much fun ;) also this is a smol filler for now ( which isn't v important to the plot but just astrid and lucas talking )

a s t r i d
My eyes fluttered open to the sound of someone next to me. It was my dad. He was sitting on the stool next to my bed and flipping through pages of something. I groaned a little as I sat up fully and tried my best not to move my neck. I didn't have to wear the neck brace anymore and the bruises were slowly fading away but it was healing.

My dad's eyes peered over at me as he noticed I was awake. He made sure I didn't hurt myself as I sat up. He smiled at me.

It was one of the first times in a while that I had seen him smile.

"Good morning." I chuckled uneasily as I looked out the window and noticed the sun going down.

"You gotta stop walking out your room. The nurses get worried when they don't find you here." My dad said softly.

"What does it matter? I wanna be with Sienna." I rolled my eyes as I stretched my arms.

"I know. I know. But you are a patient too, bub. Which means all they see is you roaming around and being in her room. Not a worried sister." He clarified and I knew he was right.

"How long has it been?" I asked as ran my fingers through my hair.

"Tomorrow- will make a week." He sighed and I nodded my head.

"I'm almost all good to leave. I can now move my neck without feeling like I'm pulling a muscle and the bruises are almost all gone." I said optimistically.

"Yeah, well you had the least injuries. Your friend- I don't know his name. The brunettes boyfriend is almost fully healed too." My dad admitted as he turned back to the book he was reading.

"Farkle?" I raised my eyebrows. "This should have never happened."

"It was an accident." He sighed as he got up from his chair. "Visiting hours are almost up. I'll come see you tomorrow, okay. Next time try to wake up earlier."

I laughed and nodded my head as he walked towards the door. I smiled as he left and looked towards the window. The sky was turning a darker shade of blue but there was a slight shade of magenta in the sky. I got up from my bed and walked towards the bathroom in my room. The bruises were a greener color instead of the deep purple I was used too. The doctors told me something about when it turned green the bruise was starting to go away.

I sighed as I ran some cold water on my face and that's when I heard a soft knock on the door. I furrowed my eyebrows as I checked the small clock next to my bed. 5:12. They usually brought dinner at 6.

"I'm awake-" I said as I opened the door and there stood the blonde male. He groggily groaned as he rubbed his eyelids.

"Astrid.." He sighed which turned into a yawn.

"Get in here!" I whispered as I tugged him into my room. "If the nurses see you're out then they'll get pissed. Last time I was out wandering they never let me hear the end of it."

"What happened? I woke up attached to a bunch of different wires and something inside of my arm." He shook his head as he walked towards the door. "Well my free arm."

"You took them off! Lucas, I'm pretty sure any disturbance on those machines is sent to the doctors. It's gonna be pretty weird if there's no steady heartbeat." I chuckled as I watched him. "How are you?"

"I don't care. If that's true why don't you have any?" He raised his eyebrows as he looked over at me which made me shift uncomfortably. "I'm fine. I wanna go home. I hate the smell of a hospital. I.."

"You were the one in the deep sleep. They wanted to monitor you. Anyways I just wanna make sure you're fine in a mental state wise." I clarified as I he sat down on my bed.

"Are the others okay?" He looked up at me.

"Well.. I don't know much but my dad said Farkle is okay!" I gave him an apologetic smile. "I don't know about Sienna."

"It's all my fault." He muttered repeatedly and I felt bad for him.

"She'll be okay. It's that deadbeat driver who hit you when he should've waited." I sighed as I walked closer to him. "Sienna will wake up."

"I'm sorry-" He whispered as I stood in front of him and he put his arm around my waist pulling me into him as he rested his head against my stomach. I stood there for a moment. frozen. It was tearing him apart. "This wouldn't have happened if I had paid attention."

He mumbled into my scrubs. I just smiled and put my arms around his neck.

"It's okay. I know you never meant for this to happen. Sienna is strong. She will be awake. I won't hold what happened against you." I said softly as I ran my fingers through his hair as he sobbed into my shirt. "Now. You should go. Before we both get in trouble. You're a great friend, Lucas."

"You're right." He used his free hand to clean his puffy red eyes. As he got up from the bed, the door opened. My eyes widened as the tall blonde nurse stared at us with a plate in her hand. She gave me a look then glared at Lucas.

"Please, return to your room. There is no coed rooms. Now leave." She hissed as I gave Lucas a small smile before he quickly walked out the door and to his room.

The nurse shot me a look that could kill as she placed my dinner on the table.