[004] too nice

m a y a Hearing the noise of the doorbell quickly snapped me out my trance

m a y a
Hearing the noise of the doorbell quickly snapped me out my trance. I furrowed my eyebrows as I wiped away any signs of tears from my eyes. I looked over at Lucas who had a worried look on his face. I became more confused as I got up from the couch and went to answer the door.

Lucas stopped me. He chuckled quickly as he grabbed the handle of the door.

"I'll answer it, babe." I simply nodded my head to avoid anymore confusion. It was probably just Farkle or Riley left her key.

I decided to go get something from the kitchen, when the sound of a girls giggle stopped me in my tracks. I turned my head slowly and there she was. The dark haired female. Wearing the tightest jeans I'd ever seen on a person and a hoodie on. She had an American beauty pageant winner smile on her lips as she talked to Lucas.

After a short exchange of words and a hug, she walked into the house. Her sister was standing behind her. She had dark jeans and a white colored shirt. She hugged Lucas for a few seconds then broke away.

I soon emerged into the doorway with Lucas standing next to me. I gave him a dead glare as I smiled at both of the females. I motioned for them to come into the house before pulling Lucas by his arm away from the girls.

"What the literal fuck, Friar?" I growled as I peaked my head around the corner to make sure they weren't listening.

"Listen. Astrid and Sienna don't have much friends in New York and I thought we should all hangout." He tried to explain and I rolled my eyes.

"You failed to tell me that they were coming to my house." I inhaled sharply as I locked eyes with him.

"Would you rather them come to my hotel?" He raised his eyebrows and I sighed in defeat. Obviously no I wouldn't.

a s t r i dI looked over at Sienna as we both listened to their argument

a s t r i d
I looked over at Sienna as we both listened to their argument. I shifted on the couch uncomfortably not knowing if I should say anything. It was apparent that Maya didn't want us here. I didn't even know she lived here, till now. Lucas just mentioned that The other blonde might be there.

My sister looked as if she was about to daze off, but I knew she was listening too. We both turned our attention hearing the doorbell ring. We could only hear the footsteps and the door opening. In walked a tall brunette with the guy Sienna told me about before. They were holding hands and I assumed they were a couple. Yet I couldn't shake the feeling of him. Sienna talked about how he was trying to get in her business and my sister is the last person you wanna mess with.

"Hello, you must be Astrid and Sienna." The tall brunette exclaimed as she smiled at me and my sister. I looked for at my sister for a moment, before looking back towards the girl.

"Yes. That's us. I'm Astrid. That's Sienna. You are?" I raised my eyebrows as I stood up to my feet and smiled back.

"I'm Riley. This is my boyfriend Farkle." She kept the grin on her face as she motioned towards the guy next to her.

"Hey, Farkle." I chuckled as I gave him a small wave. He looked towards my sister and so did Riley.

"We've met." She remarked sarcastically as she looked him.

"Well.. I didn't expect so many people to be here. How about I go pick something up for dinner?" Riley suggested.

"Riles, you don't have too." My eyes wandered towards the blondes joining us in the room.

"No. it's fine. There's a pizza shop down the street. I'll be back asap. You guys can keep our guest company." She smiled once again.

The girl was like a walking sunshine. She radiated happiness and it seemed to follow her everywhere. Ever my sister would smile when she talked. Despite the her blonde friends protest, she grabbed the car keys before anyone could stop her. Farkle and Lucas ended up going with her. Farkle just tagged along but Lucas said he wanted to pay since we were his guest. Maya tried to go too, but they left without her.

"Well." I chuckled to break the awkward silence. "How have you been?"

"We might as well talk now, since they're all gone and we're alone." I watched her tense up as she locked eyes with me.

"What do you mean?" I furrowed my eyebrows as I looked towards my sister who hadn't looked up from her phone.

"Lucas is my boyfriend." Her smile dropped as she ran her fingers through her hair. "I don't know what happened in that year he was gone and he spent with you two. You have to understand where I'm coming from. Two girls who I know nothing about are super close buddies with him. You two seem so attached to him."

I could hear my sister's phone lock and I knew she was paying attention now.

"I don't know where you think we are trying to steal Lucas from you." I turned to face Sienna who spoke softly even though her eyes were narrowed at Maya. "Lucas isn't my type."

"Oh. I don't think you are trying to steal my boyfriend. I won't let that happen." Maya chuckled under her breath. "Well damn we know he's your sister's type."

"You sure about that?" I clenched my jaw finally speaking up. I could see my sister's eyes on me in the corner of my eyes. She was pleading for me to stop whatever I was doing. Maya didn't change her expression. "Yeah it was a real fun year with him. Trust me I wasn't the only girl who had my eyes on him."

"Oh. I'm so sure about that." She challenged raising her eyebrows. "I just want you to chill out with my boyfriend. He cares for both of you, but I don't want you to get too comfortable."

"What if your boyfriend wants us to be comfortable?" I smirked as I stood up from where I was sitting.

"He's just too nice to see what you really are." She stood up too as she locked eyes me. Even though I was taller than her, that didn't make her back down. I was a little surprised.

"Get used to it, Hart." I chuckled as I could feel my sister hand on my arm trying to pull me back onto the couch.

"I won't have too. My boyfriend knows how I am. My boyfriend is gonna pick me over two friends he met last year." She smiled towards me.

"But didn't he choose your best friend over you?"

———
a/n: okay yikes! astrid... wyd
why do i love making my original characters problematic?