[012] nice guy

l u c a s"I-I should go

l u c a s
"I-I should go." My eyes trailed down to my phone seeing the text message pop up on the screen. I gripped the phone rather harshly as I got up to my feet avoiding the dark haired female's gaze.

"Yeah. I think that's for the best." She said in a monotone voice as I began to go inside. "Lucas.."

I stopped in my tracks as I looked back at her.

"I'm sorry." She mumbled and I simply nodded my head. I had gotten myself into this mess and I knew I had to get myself out of it. I looked towards Sienna as I walked out the front door but she didn't even look me in the eyes.

Driving to Riley and Maya's house made me nervous. What if Farkle had told her already? What if she already hates me? I tried to listen to the music on the radio but I just felt numb inside.

I finally arrived at Maya's house and sat in the driveway for a couple minutes. Then I got out. The slow walk to the front door was killing me. I didn't wanna go inside but the girl I loved was inside. The girl I wanted to be with is inside. The girl that will hate me once she finds out the truth is inside too.

My bare knuckles knocked on the wooden door as I kept my head down and waited. I tried to keep my gaze on other things but when she answered the door. She took my breath away.

"Ma-" I stood there with my eyes widened not reacting as she wrapped her arms around me. I couldn't move as much as I wanted to hug her.. touch her.. anything. I couldn't.

"I love you so much." She muttered against my chest and my jaw clenched as I heard her words. I wanted to say 'I love you too' but no words could come out. "Its late but I don't care I just wanted to see you."

We stood there like that for a moment and when I didn't say anything that's when she looked up at me. I kept my eyes in front of me not daring to look into the blondes' beautiful ocean colored blue eyes. I swallowed the lump in my throat as I could see her look at me confused.

"You love me too, right?"

That wasn't even question. I've never loved anyone like I do Maya Hart, but I couldn't form the words.

"Lucas? Say it please."

That's when I broke down in front of her.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry.. I'm sorry.." I repeated the words as I kept my eyes down. I had no emotion in my words and my mouth was becoming dry. "I'm s-"

"What are you talking about? ..Come inside so we can talk."

"You'll want nothing to do with me once I tell you.. You won't want me inside." I hoarsely whispered as I licked my lips.

"L-Lucas..." her hands were trembling against my skin. "What is it?"

I didn't wanna tell her. I knew life would've been easier if I didn't tell her. I knew everything would've been easier.. But as much as I tried not to say anything. I couldn't. She had the right to knew and if that meant she would hate me forever. At least she knew the truth.

"I kissed Astrid." As the the three words left my lips the atmosphere changed. She had let go of me. I missed the scent of her. I missed her touch. I just wanted to wrap myself around her but it wouldn't be right.

"What?" Her voice cracked.

I finally worked up the courage to look up at her. My heart broke as I stood there looking at the female's face. I had never seen her make a face like that. She looked broken. Her eyes had been watering and she just looked up towards me.

"Maya.." I tried to say but I knew she was just as numb as me inside. I reached for her hand but she swiftly pulled away from me.

"Why?"

"We were standing there.. just the two of us.. She was getting pissed at me for her having feelings for me.. She was vulnerable.." My thoughts began to wander as I pieced everything together.

"You're supposed to be different. You're supposed to be a nice guy." Her eyes narrowed as she looked up at me. My heart raced at the words nice guy.

"So what if maybe I'm not as nice as you think I am." I chewed on the inside of my cheek as I noticed the tears. "I can't be perfect, Maya!"

"You were perfect for Riley.. You did the worst thing.. You could ever had done. First with Riley then with her."

"We are not the same! What you and I have is completely different from what Riley and I were. She was my High school love but you.. You Maya are forever. I'm sorry."

"Then why do you keep hurting me?"

"Maya. This. This is my promise." I gripped on to her hand as she looked down at the ring on her fingers. "I did a horrible thing but please don't hold it against me. Please. Listen I'll do anything for you. I just want you and your forgiveness. I'll do anything you want. Please."

"You won't talk to either of them again?"

"Yes if it's what you want."

"As much as I want to forgive you, Lucas. You cheated on me. You're no better than Josh." She cried as she grabbed onto my shirt pulling me into her.

"It was a kiss! It was a mistake! Don't compare me to Josh when he slept with the girl! I made one mistake.. Does that mean I'm horrible?" I argued as I stood there close to her. Her lips were close against mine. Her puffy blue eyes looking into my green ones. Then she said words that I would never forget.

"Can the person who broke you.. Fix you?" She mumbled as her soft lips brushed against mine.

well can they? (ᵔᴥᵔ)