[006] stay with me

m a y aI slowly began to regret showing up at his doorsteps as I stood there in front of him

m a y a
I slowly began to regret showing up at his doorsteps as I stood there in front of him. My eyes scanned the male in front of me. His hair was a little longer than usual, but it was still relatively short. He looked as if he had just woken up. He had on sweats and a black T shirt. He folded his arms across his chest as he stood there in the door frame.

"I shouldn't be here." I managed to say as I began to turn but was soon stopped his hand grabbing my arm.

"Hey, what's going on?" He furrowed his eyebrows as I turned back around and locked eyes with his familiar brown ones.

"Where's Juliet?" I ignored his question as he released me from his loose grasp.

"She's at work right now." He answered as he shifted his weight on his legs. "You didn't text or call about coming over?"

"I just need a place to stay for a night or two till everything cools down. I planned on heading to my mom's and Shawn's, but I don't wanna be questioned and this isn't exactly the best situation to tell her about." I sighed as I rolled my eyes. "You know the whole my boyfriend and other girls."

"You can stay with me as long as you tell me what happened exactly. I'm sure Juliet won't mind one bit." He moved to the side a bit so I could come through the door. I decided it was best not to object, since I had no where else to go.

I followed him into his house and noticed the small different details. Juliet must've decorated the house, since it had a bit of a feminine touch. The faint smell of cinnamon buns was very strong. I noticed they had painted a few rooms of the house.

"These are all the clothes I brought. Do you think Juliet would mind if I borrowed night clothes tonight?" I raised my eyebrows as he followed me into the living room.

"Of course not. So are you gonna tell me now what happened?" He sat down on one of the couches as I looked at the different photos on the wall.

"This is cute." I muttered ignoring his question once again as I pointed to a picture of Juliet and him kissing on their wedding day.

"Don't change the subject, Hart." He still had a serious face.

"I, just maybe, could've hit this girl who flirts with my boyfriend on a daily." I mumbled under my breath as I kept my head down.

"You hit somebody?" He scoffed but I soon noticed the smirk grow on his lips. "Start from the beginning."

"It was just a slap. Don't think I'm some girl who enjoys getting in fights. So wipe that smirk off your lips, Josh." I chuckled as I took a seat across from him. "It started when Lucas brought home two girls from college-"

a s t r i dI winced under my sister's touch as she put ice on the right side of my face

a s t r i d
I winced under my sister's touch as she put ice on the right side of my face. She gave me a small smile as she held the bag against my cheek. I grabbed it from her and kept it on my skin.

"Well that wasn't too surprising." She muttered as she folded a few towels that she had brought down.

"What do you mean?" I furrowed my eyebrows as I looked up at her.

"Astrid, you were basically asking for it. You told her you could take her boyfriend from her just as easily as Riley could." She shook her head and I couldn't help but roll my eyes.

"Aren't you supposed to be on my side? You know your sister's side." I exclaimed as she walked back into the room sitting down.

"You were kinda acting like a bitch. I can't help that." She shrugged her shoulders as her eyes moved towards the door hearing a knock. She got up and motioned for me not to move.

I could hear her having a conversation with someone but I couldn't make out the voice. I grabbed the remote on the side of me and turned it on. Keeping my ice on my cheek.

"Lucas is here to see you." I turned towards my sister and the blonde. He had a worried look written on her face as I looked up at him holding the ice.

"Lucas." I smiled as he took a seat next to me examining my swollen cheek.

"You didn't have to come, Lucas. She didn't get beat up just slapped. Which I still think it could've been worse." My sister argued and I gave her a dirty look. In response she rolled her eyes and walked out the room.

"You're okay, right?" He touched my cheek slowly and I kept my eyes on his face.

"Yeah. I'm fine. I just hope it doesn't bruise or anything." I tried to say as I looked into his green orbs. His face was so close to mine. I could feel him breathing. I could connect our lips so easily.. if only it was that easy. I couldn't. I couldn't do it.

"I'm sorry. I didn't think Maya would slap you. It's all my fault. I shouldn't have left you two alone." He sighed as he grabbed the ice and held it to my face.

"D-Don't be." I stuttered as I snapped out of the trance of his eyes grabbing the ice pack in my hands.

"I'm just glad you're okay. Maya drove off somewhere and I've called her at least twenty times but no answer." He was worried about her. I watched as he looked down and I felt bad for him. He loved her. I couldn't hurt him or her like that even though a part of me felt like she deserved it. I-I can't.

"I think you should call her family and see if they've heard from her. What was the last thing she said before she left?" I gave in as I brought the ice pack down from my cheek and looked over at him.

"Just that she was going to someone who will listen." He mumbled and I chewed on my bottom lip. "She doesn't wanna see me anyways. I think she's done with me."

"Don't say that." I said softly as I grabbed his arm.

a/n: homecoming week is kicking my ass. smh when ur actually apart of it it's horrible i

when was ur homecoming tho? mines is this saturday