[019] elliot miller

When Maya finally calmed down and filled me in on everything she had heard

When Maya finally calmed down and filled me in on everything she had heard. I didn't get much sleep. I hope he was okay. I hoped Lucas was okay too. I didn't wanna see anyone hurt.

Farkle's parents had arrived some time in the night and they were just as anxious. They wanted to know exactly what was happening and what had happened that caused the car wreck. When everything was said and done, they went behind those big doors and I guess to go see him.

"Are you okay?" An unfamiliar voice asked and I looked over my shoulder at the blonde haired male who Maya had told me was Astrid and Sienna's father.

"Yeah." I half lied as I rubbed my eyes with my small hands.

"You should get some sleep, kid." He suggested. I shook my head in response and instead turned my body over to look at him.

"What about you? Why don't you get any sleep.....?" I asked him.

"Elliot. Elliot Miller...They're the only family I have." He whispered in a low voice but I could still hear him. "I have to stay awake. If I loose either one of them- or god forbid- both I don't know what I would do. I wanna be able to see them."

"Aren't you married?" I questioned my eyes moving down to his left hand. Which had a ring on it.

"I was." He muttered his eyes also moving down to the ring. He began to mess with it in his other fingers. "She died when the girls were 16."

"I'm sorry. It must've been hard." I sighed as I diverted my eyes away.

"This is the last place I'd ever wanna be. She died in her sleep. I didn't even get a chance to say goodbye. It's sad. I know, but she blessed me with two beautiful girls. Who everyday look more and more like their mother. When you love someone.." He trailed off. "You never wanna let them go and you wanna be right next to their side."

I gave him a small smile as he talked.

"Your friend.. boyfriend.. it's none of my business. He will be okay. Now I can't promise that, but you just gotta hope and if I hear anything. I'll wake you up. Now get your sleep. You gotta be strong." He smiled back at me which made my heart melt. I simply nodded my head before leaning my head on Maya's shoulder and slowly dozing off.

I woke up hours later to a weird feeling and once my eyes fluttered open I looked at the time on my iPhone. 4 PM. I had slept for six hours. Maya was gone and Isadora was too. Even the Mr. Miller was gone. I stretched my body and groaned.

I looked over at the nurse who was typing away on her computer.

"Is Farkle Minkus okay?" I asked tucking my hands in my pocket and the nurse didn't look at me for a couple seconds before nodding her head.

"Come with me." She motioned for me to follow her to the back. I didn't say anything but trailed behind her. Behind the big doors there were many rooms. After quite a long walk through the different hall ways we stopped.

"This is his room." She sighed. "Now. I'm gonna ask you not to be too loud or to disrupt anybody else. Once your done dial 1 on the phone and I'll come get you. Agreed?"

I nodded before she walked past me and I grabbed the handle of the door. When I pushed it open my eyes widened as he laid there sound asleep. His hair was a mess and he was in nothing but scrubs.

I walked closer to him and sat down on the chair beside him. My eyes scanned the room. He had an IV inside his vein on his right arm. He laid there motionless and it scared me.

I leaned in and reached out and touched his cheek. I smiled as I ran my fingers through his brown hair.

"Maya, you came, baby. I need you." He groggily spoke as he grabbed my hand.

My eyes widened as I had finally understood what he had said.

"Farkle?" My eyebrows furrowed as he slowly opened his eyes and he had a smile on his lips.

"I'm just kidding, Riley." He chuckled and I couldn't help but laugh too.

"Screw you! I thought you were about to confess your love to Maya right in front of me." It was the first time in three days that I had laughed. It felt good. He made me feel good.

"I know it's weird.. but your smell gave you away."

"I'm sorry if I stink I haven't taken a shower." I chuckled.

"No. You smell like lavender. When you walked in it was strong but as you got closer as your hair touched my skin.. I knew it was you."

"I'm so glad you're okay." I admitted to him as I rubbed my thumb against his hand.

"So am I. I barely remember what happened but I remember being in the car with Lucas, Sienna, and Astrid. He was paying so much attention to the car behind him then.. I don't remember what happened then." Farkle looked away from eyes. "Are they okay?"

"Apparently Astrid is okay but her neck.., Lucas and Sienna both haven't woken up. At least that I know of. I woke up a couple minutes ago and no one was around."

"You look beautiful." He whispered as his other fingers brushed my cheek and I leaned into his hand.

"Thank you but I don't feel like it. I just wanted to see you. I love you so fucking much it hurts." I muttered as I kissed his hand.

"I love you too, Riley." He pulled me closer to him and placed a soft kiss on my lips that I returned. "You're one to talk about hurting.."

I gave him a confused look before he sat up and revealed his left side. He had a massive wide dark purple bruise on his hipbone that slowly lead to a large bandage on his rib cage that was taped down.

"Farkle.." I whispered as my fingers pressed slowly against the bruises and he winced in pain. I instantly moved my hands away to avoid from hurting him.

"I'm still a little sore, sorry." He admitted and I smiled.

"As long as your okay."

"I am now." He smiled back and grabbed my hand pulling me closer into him. Then placing a kiss on my lips.