[005] aftermath

m a y aThe sound of her cry was the only thing I could hear

m a y a
The sound of her cry was the only thing I could hear. The only thing I payed attention to. As I regained my composure my eyes moved down to my hand. It wasn't as red as her cheek. I looked back up and watched as her sister tried to help her.

"It would be best if you left." I muttered underneath my breath as I moved my hair out my face. I didn't like the feeling of hurting someone and even though it was just a slap.. It made my stomach turn.

I was just angry.

"I can't belie-" Sienna tried to argue, but her sister quickly pulled her towards the door. The other hand holding onto her cheek.

As the two began to unlock the doors, they came face to face with Farkle. He looked at them confusingly as they walked past him quickly. Soon Riley and Lucas entered along with him carrying two pizza boxes. They both gave me confused looks.

"What happened, Maya?" Lucas furrowed his eyebrows as he watched the two girls leave in such a hurry.

"I d-don't know what came over me." I whispered as I looked between the faces of my friends.

"Astrid!" Lucas called as he hurried out the door.

"Her face was red." Farkle furrowed his eyebrows as his eyes moved down to my hands and I quickly put them behind my back.

"I didn't mean too." I gave him a look as I came closer to him grabbing his arm.

"You hit her?" Riley's eyes widened as she watched Farkle and I interact. She turned on the heel of her shoes and walked outside.

"It was accident. I swear." I tried to say but it was only me and Farkle left in the room. "You believe me.. Right?"

"I think you meant to hit her, but there has to be a reason why." He sighed as he walked towards the door and I slowly followed him.

There I watched the two brunettes talking to Lucas and Riley. Astrid kept her face down and avoided speaking. Her sister for once was talking. She motioned between her and her sister then towards me. I watched Astrid nudge her sister as if to tell her to stop talking. In a matter of seconds, Astrid pulled her sister with her free hand as our eyes met for a brief moment.

I looked at Farkle and he didn't glance my way. As Lucas turned around I could tell that he knew. He knew what happened. Riley look disappointed and I didn't know what to do. I backed away from the door and sat myself on the stairs.

"Farkle let's eat in the car." Riley calmly suggested as she grabbed Farkle's hand pulling him towards the door. Her brown orbs slowly moved towards mine. "Bay window later."

"Wait- Why the ca-" before Farkle could continue Riley had closed the door behind him. My eyes slowly moved towards the ground. I could hear his footsteps as he moved from the door to in front of the stairs.

"Why did you hit her?" He whispered and I chewed on my bottom lip before answering.

"I didn't hit her. I slapped her. I didn't mean to." I tried to explain, but it didn't sound good either way. It all sounded like bullshit in my head.

"You didn't mean to hit her?" He had an uncomfortable laugh escape his lips.

"Lucas you should've heard what sh-" I tried to say.

"You barely know these two girls." He rose his voice a small bit and I rolled my eyes keeping my head down.

"Lucas. It's so obvious how they act around you and you act so fucking blind as if you are oblivious." I argued as I rose my head and locked eyes with the dirty blonde.

"They are my friends, Maya. Who cares if they have feelings for me. I only want you."

"If I had two guys friends who were that close with me- You would've done worst then me!"

"That is still no excuse to hit her!"

"Why are you taking her side?" I sighed before another thought came to my mind. "How do they know about the triangle..."

"What?" He furrowed his eyebrows as he calmed down a little.

"Astrid brought up the fact that you chose Riley over me. Sounds a lot like what happened in high school with the triangle. How does she know that?" I raised my eyebrows as I cupped his cheek making him look towards me.

"So. Maybe I told her about what happened." He shrugged his shoulders.

"She told me that she could steal you from me. Easily. Even my best friend could take you from me if she wanted too. She knows about when you chose her over me." I grabbed my car keys and my sweater.

"You know that's not true, Maya. You're being unreasonable." His green eyes watched my every movement. "Where are you going?"

"I trust you, Lucas, so fucking much. I just can't trust them. Until you realize why then maybe we should spend a little time away from eachother." I mumbled as I unlocked the door. "To someone who will listen to me."

"Maya!" I could hear him yell from behind me as I walked out the door. "Don't leave!"

"Maya, where are you going?" I could hear Riley's voice as I began to unlock my car. I sat there in my car for a moment as I looked back towards them. Lucas was walking closer to the car; Riley and Farkle were trying to talk to me, but I couldn't hear them through the glass.

I drove off. I threw my phone on to the seat next to me and began to try to remember the address. It had been a year since I last went there. I mumbled curse words under my breath as I tried to drive straight. I knew it was wrong to hit Astrid, but it was as if Lucas didn't notice anything. As if I'm supposed to be fine with them flirting with him. As if it's okay.

My eyes slowly focused on the ring on my ring finger. It sparkled in my eyes. Maybe I was overreacting.. I sighed as I pulled into the driveway. It was too late now. I needed some fresh air.

I got out the car and locked it. I walked up the pavement towards the door. I knocked on the door slowly expecting no one to be home. I looked at the cars in the driveway and only noticed one besides mine. I was gonna knock once more, before the door opened.

"Maya." He groggily smiled as he rubbed his eyes.