[011] come over

m a y aI slowly pulled away from Riley's grasp as I locked eyes with the tall male

m a y a
I slowly pulled away from Riley's grasp as I locked eyes with the tall male. I looked between him and her not saying a word. My eyes widened as I tried to make sense of what was going on.

"I invited him over." Riley clarified as she tucked a piece of my hair away my face. "When I heard you were staying with Josh to avoid Lucas I knew it was serious."

"Shawn." I managed to utter as my smile grew. I wrapped my arms around his torso and he chuckled as he put his arms around me.

"I told Riley she didn't have to tell me what happened.. I wanted to hear it from you." His voice was gentle and I could feel my eyes begin to water. As much as I tried to hide it. I couldn't.

"I love him." I squeaked beneath him as I inhaled Shawn's faint cologne.

"I know you do, kiddo. You don't have to cry." He whispered as I slowly pulled away from him and his eyes widened as I stood there. Tears were down my cheek and my face was red.

"I'm here for you." He shook his head as he cleaned my tears away from my cheeks and smiled. "Now are you gonna tell me?"

I chuckled and nodded my head. I smiled through the tears and for once I knew everything was okay. Shawn and I went to the living room where I told him the whole thing. Riley sat next to me and held on to my hand as I talked. Gripping on my palm every so often when I mentioned Astrid or Sienna. We talked for about an hour about the whole thing.

His expression changed a lot throughout my whole story. When I was finally done he sat there looking away from my gaze.

"You're okay, right?" He asked as he looked into my eyes.

"Psychically.. Yes. Mentally? I don't know." I muttered as I ran my free hand through my blonde locks.

"Listen I don't think you should stress yourself out about Lucas's friends. If he truly loves you then he will put you first. You would do the same and you deserve the best type of love, Maya. You deserve happiness. You deserve you be happy." I held onto Riley's hand harder as he spoke cause I knew he was right. I was strong on the outside but I could feel myself trembling inside.

"Talk to him." He finished up as he got up from the couch and kissed me on my forehead. I smiled as I watched him leave and looked over at Riley.

"I'll be here for you no matter what." She smiled and I slowly let go of her hand. My eyes scanned the screen and looked at the time. I reached for my phone and texted Lucas two simple words.
come over

s i e n n aI stood there looking through the glass as I watched their whole exchange

s i e n n a
I stood there looking through the glass as I watched their whole exchange. As much as I wanted to believe Astrid doesn't get herself into bad situations, she somehow proves me wrong. I pulled my bag over my shoulder as I opened the restaurant door and saw Lucas drive off with Astrid. I muttered curse words under my breath before feeling a presence behind me.

"Farkle." My eyes widened as I saw the look on his face. It was the same one I had when I saw it. "You saw it too."

He was about to say something but I quickly stopped him. "Please don't tell her." I sighed as I shook my head.

"I can't keep this from Maya." He frowned.

"I know I understand, but Maya- forget about my sister for a moment please and just think- she will hate Lucas if she finds out. Especially if he doesn't tell her himself." I tried to make sense of the situation. "Just please. I'll talk to my sister and Lucas when I get home. Please just try to keep this on the low."

He ended up agreeing with me but I knew I didn't have a lot of time to convince either of them to tell Maya the truth. Farkle is their best friend. Once I got home I noticed Lucas's car in the driveway and I cursed once again. I quickly got inside locking the door behind me as I searched for the two. They weren't in the living room but out in the backyard.

I opened the backdoor and saw them sitting there talking.

"What the fuck." I raised my eyebrows as the two looked in my direction. "What is wrong with both of you?"

"What are you talking about?" She was nervous. I could read her like a book.

"Sien-"

"No. I saw you two kiss." I crossed my arms as I tried to read both their faces. I was mentally kicking myself for bringing this up randomly but I had to. "-And I wasn't the only one who saw."

"Wait. What?" Lucas furrowed his eyebrows as he looked towards Astrid.

"You have to tell her."

"He was the one who kissed me." My sister argued.

"I don't give a fuck who kissed who first. I saw his lips on yours and you didn't exactly pull away at first! So don't give me that bullshit. Just talk to her. Before Farkle does or I will." I rolled my eyes as I turned around and headed back inside.