[015] the kiss

m a y aI grabbed ahold of my cars keys tightly as I pulled it out of the hole

m a y a
I grabbed ahold of my cars keys tightly as I pulled it out of the hole. It had began to sprinkle outside and I was not excited for the rain to quickly follow soon. I was dreading going inside but I knew it had to happen or else I would regret it.

I slowly gathered enough courage to face Astrid even though it was the last possible thing I ever wanted to do again. I opened the car door and walked out trying to keep my head down to avoid the rain that was beginning to quicken.

My bare knuckles knocked on the wooden door as I waited patiently. Hopefully she would be home or at least Sienna would be home. Hitting Astrid was probably the worst thing I could do. I had never hit someone and it made my stomach dropped as soon as I realized what I had done.

Yet.. Somehow this extroverted brunette could walk her way into my life because of Lucas. They were friends.

"Maya." Hearing my name caused me to snap out of my thoughts. I looked up towards the light colored brunette who had a small smile on her face.

"Is Astrid home?" I questioned as I moved a piece of hair out of my face.

"Uh no. You just missed her. She went to go get some lunch but it looks like it's starting to rain. You can wait for her inside." She suggested as her eyes looked past me at the rain which made me sigh in relief and nod my head.

"Thanks." I smiled back at her as she allowed me into their house and it's the first I'd ever been in their house. It seemed larger than mines and Riley's, but that didn't matter. I wiped the semi wet soles of my feet dry against their mat.

"I just finished making some grilled cheese if you want some. I know it isn't much but is there anything you would want?" She asked I followed her towards the kitchen with my hands in my pocket.

"I'll just take half of the grilled cheese." I chuckled as I looked down at the heels she was wearing. Even though Sienna was a year younger than me she was already taller than me but not by much. "You didn't go to lunch with Sienna?"

"Alright. Let me slice it." She nodded her head as she walked into the kitchen and I sat in the dining room. "We aren't exactly on the best terms... So I'm guessing Lucas told you?"

"Yeah. He did. You knew?" I furrowed my eyebrows as I looked over at her.

"Well yeah. I was there. I saw you two argue outside then I got an argument with Astrid about everything. Then they kissed and I got more pissed when I came home." She explained as she put a plate in front of me and one by her seat.

"You don't think I'm under reacting about the whole thing, right?" I asked as I took the sandwich into my hand and took a small bite.

"I mean. Lucas kissed my sister. You're the one to decide if you want anything to do with him anymore. Why? How did you react?" She raised her eyebrows as she brought me a cup of orange soda which I grabbed. "Sorry about the soda that's the only thing we have here."

"Well.. there wasn't a lot of talking just a lot of activities." I embarrassingly admitted as I told her thanks for the drink.

"Oh.. Oh!" She realized what I had insinuated as she took a sip of her drink. "Well personally I didn't fuck guys that cheat on me but to each their own." She laughed a little.

"I don't know. I didn't wanna talk about it anymore. I just wanted to feel him close to me again. I love him. He got pissed at me this morning for not feeling anything slash not wanting to talk about." I chuckled a little at her laugh and took another bite.

"I understand. He just doesn't want you to feel like you have to pretend it's okay or anything." She shrugged her shoulders and took a bite of her grilled cheese.

"I just don't feel like fighting. I don't want him to leave."

"It's Lucas. He won't leave unless you want him too. I know I barely knew him for a year.. give or take a few months, but he isn't the type to leave his friends. Especially the girl he loves."

"But he left Riley."

"Yeah what happened with that? The most I know about Riley and Lucas was that the love triangle thing with you in highschool school and you with Josh- it's none of my business, but he's older now. He isn't a teenager going off to college. He's a man who is trying to get his future together. With you."

I sat there for a moment trying to take in what she had said. She was right. That's when the door unlocked and I quickly turned my head.

"Si, I'm not sure if ate yet or no-" there stood the dark haired brunette as she eyed me and her sister. "What's going on?"

"I'll give you two some time to talk." Sienna stood up from her seat and grabbed my empty plate with her.

"Wait. What?" Astrid frowned as she watched Sienna leave the room.

"We need to talk about the kiss."

"I'm assuming Lucas told you then. Is this gonna end with me getting slapped?"

"Hopefully not." I mumbled underneath my breath which caused her to give me a look. "The kiss didn't mean anything."

"So you don't like Lucas?" I asked as she sat across from me.

"What do you want from me? Do you want me to stay away from Lucas? For the rest of my life? Move out the city?" She sighed rather loudly as she ran her fingers through her hair.

"No. I don't want anything from you. I just want to settle this. I want to be with my boyfriend and not have to worry about him with you."

"Well?"

"I want to be friends."

"What?" Her eyes widened.

"Lucas obviously sees some good in you for him to be your friend. I mean obviously we aren't gonna be the best of friends but let's just be civil." I explained as I looked at her. "Did you kiss Lucas or did he kiss you?"

"U-Uh. Lucas kissed me."

"Alright then and did you kiss back?"

"I m-mean I gues- yes."

"As long as you're not a bitch to me I won't be a bitch to you." I managed to say as I stood up from my seat. "Oh and if you ever kiss my boyfriend again it'll be the worse than just a slap."

She sat there with a shocked expression as I walked towards the door and shut it behind me.

a/n i hope you all had a great thanksgiving if u celebrate it ! sorry for the slow update my mom spent this week setting up for christmas and i got dragged along smh