Carrot Halwa With Condensed Milk [110]

INGREDIENTS :

▶5 large carrot / gajar
▶1 tbsp ghee / clarified butter
▶½ cup full cream milk
▶¼ cup sweetened condensed milk / nestlemilkmaid
▶4 cardamom / elachi, powdered
▶5 cashews / kaju, chopped
▶5 almonds / badam, chopped
▶1 tsp pistachios, finely chopped

INSTRUCTIONS :

1.firstly, peel the skin of carrot. carrot halwa taste great when prepared with red carrot. however, we don't get red carrot, so used normal carrots.

2.later, grate the carrot into long threads as possible and transfer to kadai.

3.further, add a tbsp of ghee and saute for 3 minutes. this helps carrots to cookfast and also retain their shape even after cooking.

4.also add half cup of milk and mix well. note, we are adding milk just to cook carrots.

5.get to boil and keep stirring occasionally. making sure carrots are uniformly cooked and doesn't get burnt from the bottom.

6.simmer for 5 minutes or till the milk is evaporated completely.

7.once the milk evaporates, the carrots will be almost cooked.

8.furthermore, add condensed milk / milkmaid and mix well. note, we are not adding any extra sugar, as the condensed milk do contain sweetness.

9.get to boil and keep stirring occasionally. making sure carrots are completely cooked and doesn't get burnt from the bottom.

10.keep mixing and mashing till the milk evaporates completely.

11.also add cardamom powder, cashews and almonds.

12.give a good mix.

13.finally, serve carrot halwa prepared from condensed milk garnished with chopped pistachios.

A/N

This is my favourite Halwa 😋😋

If you like it throw your Vote and comments :) please tag your friends...

Yours sweet and spicy,
Halima :)