Ladies of Avenged Sevenfold

DISCLAIMER: THE WEB LINK MENTIONED ON HERE IS NOT REAL. 

Comment and vote for the next chapter :) 

It had been roughly over a week since Brian proffered the check to me, claiming it would help me with the shop-- The same shop that I didn't plan on opening. Instead of spending it, using the excuse that it was needed for the store, I stashed it in the safe with the rest of the checks and receipts I received, after requesting all of my money back from the bank and real estate agent.

I made it a point to present everything to Brian once he returned from Europe. I grew tired of keeping everything a secret and I no longer wanted us to be walking on broken glass. Spending those few minutes with him at the airport, making sweet gestures to our daughter made me miss those frequent moments we used to have, prior to the miscarriage that I knew had a lot to do with our distance. I wanted to close to the gap and be a family again. It would take a lot of communication and probably hours of exchanging brutal and hurtful words, but I was willing to do that if it meant patching things up.

Speaking of patching things up, I was forced to call Loraine and explain to her my reasons for quitting, after we put up such a fight to make my line successful. I must admit, it was the most nerve racking thing I ever had to do, aside from marrying Brian. I was unaware of what her reaction was going to be, though I prayed she wouldn't condemn me to hell. 

In the end, things worked out pretty well. She was saddened by my decisions, but quickly understood that everything happens for a reason and if I changed my mind, she promised to help me out again. I was grateful for that, but all I wanted to focus on for the first year of the baby's life, was the baby and Sophia. The last thing I needed to worry about was a fashion line that could've potentially failed and crumbled to pieces while I was sidetracked by my children's personal needs. At that moment, I couldn't see a job on the horizon other than being a mother, a wife and helping Zacky with Vengeance University whenever he needed it. 

Being a stay at home parent wasn't something I imagined doing. So given the situation at hand, I found myself moping around with Sophia and the laptop on my lap, almost everyday. I was living the life I had wish I lived back when I was a kid in college. Other than helping Zacky reply to complaints or solve shipping and handling issues, I would resort to Netflix, the television or read gossip and baseball blogs on the internet on my free time-- Free time being when Sophia was playing with Pinkly or was fast asleep. 

It was exactly a week before Val, River, Sophia and I left for Paris to surprise the boys with a visit that I bought the airline tickets. As I waited for the confirmation email to be delivered into my mail box, I sat on the couch reading an article about KISS' new Arena Football League team ironically named, LA KISS. 

I released a soft laugh, finding humor in their apparent football team. I was never a huge fan of KISS to begin with. I used to be able to listen to their songs, but it was all thanks to my father who, for some unusual reason, loved the band. I, on the other hand, enjoyed their music, but as people, I wasn't very fond of them. They, just as any other wealthy human, were money hungry and craved to earn millions after millions. The football team seemed like another way for these old men to gain even more money as their once exceedingly popular presence on stage was now diminishing as newer and more supposed "hip" bands scratched their way into fame. 

Before their desperate need for fame, as stated in the article, made me laugh even more, I quickly exited the page, then refreshed my email inbox to see if the confirmation had arrived. With no luck, I threw my head back, shut my eyes and sighed. One downfall of being pregnant, I had absolutely no patience and that grounded my gears, annoying the crap out me.