The End of a Wonderful Five Month Streak

Hope you enjoy it! 

Five months seemed to have passed rather quickly and our lives seemed to get more and more hectic. 

Avenged's new album was in the process of reaching post-production and that only meant I'd see less and less of Brian. I hadn't known how hard it would be to only see him about ten hours a day, eight of which we slept through. When he was able to come home and spend some quality time with Sophia and I, he'd mainly focus his attention on the baby. I didn't mind it at all, but I did miss having some one-on-one time with him. I knew eventually the storm would come to a calm and he'd be able to spend time with me as we did in the past, but while they were busy with the album, I was second in his life... Maybe even third. But I had to understand that I married a rock-star and having him home 24/7 wasn't an option.

"No Sophia." I gently raised my voice towards the little crawler who grasped Brian's iPod charger. It really ticked me off how he'd leave his cables just laying around the house knowing Sophia was at that age where she would begin to put things on the floor in her mouth. 

Sophia looked at me, then back at the cable before raising it to her mouth, "Stop!" I shouted, yanking the cord off the wall, removing it from her little hands and slipping it into my pocket. "No. You can get co-co. No." I waved my finger at her. 

She was attempting to mimic my hand movements and babble something before taking off towards the coffee table. "Ma'!" She babbled standing up. 

A smile quickly grew on my face seeing how much she'd been progressing. Just weeks ago she needed assistance when it came to standing up. But this time, she was already standing up on her own. It was making me proud. And it was only a matter of time before she started walking on her own too. 

"Yay!" I clapped, "Sophie, you're standing."  

The exact smile that would tug at Brian's lips when he'd accomplish something, quickly grew on her's as she bounced up and down in excitement.

"Say, 'Yay!'" I told her, kneeling beside her. 

The closest to yay I was going to get was a few 'ah's'. I chuckled, "We'll get there someday."  

Still Loving You by Scorpions filled the room as my phone began to go off. Taking a look at the Caller ID, I noticed it was New York Presbyterian, the hospital where my mom was being treated. I assumed it wasn't bad, taking that my brother hadn't called to give me any sort of news.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Jackie... Jackie it's Dad..." 

My father's voice was all but calm. He sounded frantic and it worried me, "What's wrong?" 

"I just called your brother to come down to the hospital. Your mom isn't doing very well." 

My heart dropped, "Mom? What's- Why? What happened?" 

He took a deep breath, the sound of heartbreak and fear forming in his voice, "She collapsed at home. I went out to buy some groceries and I came back to find her in the hallway just laying there. She didn't respond to me." His voice cracked causing the tears in my eyes to break free, "They have her in the ICU and she's in a medically induced coma...

That word: Coma- It broke me. It made me weak. It tore my insides. It killed me. "Oh my God." I cried into my hand, tears sliding from my eyes down to my wrists, "Da- Oh my God." I kept repeating, unable to believe a word he was saying.

"Baby listen to me." My dad called for my attention. I took short breaths, trying to compose myself, "Everything is going to be okay... This is happening for a reason..."