Searching For A New Start

Comment and vote for the next chapter<333 

October came quickly and my last day of work was finally here. I honestly didn't even bother getting dressed nicely for work because nothing says Fuck My Job better than going against the dress code. 

My co-workers at Angel's Stadium threw me a little shindig and although I was enjoying the food they brought and the presents that were given to me, I just wanted to go home and scream, "Free at last!" I was looking forward to looking through my old boxes and pulling out my design and fashion books I had stashed away many moons ago. 

I figured designing clothes could be my new hobby.

When I arrived home later in the day, Brian was sitting on the couch watching reruns of Sesame Street with Sophia and River at his sides. It was one of the cutest sights I had ever seen. I dropped my bag on the couch beside them and raised my eyebrows. 

"Am I missing something?" I asked, sitting down. 

He nodded, "My guitar fucked up. Matt's going to Guitar Center really quick to get it fixed." 

"Brian! You're out of sour cream." Jason's voice echoed through the house, "Oh, hey Jackie. Congrats on throwing in the towel. Ready to start a new life as a stay at home mom?" 

"By the way you're eating, I don't think I can. I might need to find two jobs." I joked. "Do you need help with River, or you got it from here?" 

"I got it. They're chilling right now. It was so funny earlier babe. Jason made Sophia cry, right? And then River just looked at her like 'What the fuck'. He has Matt's looks, hands down." Brian said, making my jaw drop at 'Jason made Sophia cry.' 

I picked Sophia up and held her close to my bodice, "What the hell, Jason? Don't make my daughter cry!" 

"We were trying to make them laugh. Turns out your daughter has a zero tolerance when it comes to funny faces." 

"Or when you fucking cross your eyes and look like a fucking retarded version of Barney." Brian shot at him, making Jason chuckle.

"Well you two have your fun. I'm going to be upstairs looking through a few boxed up things I have. I'm taking Soph with me because obviously I can't leave her alone with Uncle Jason with out him making her cry, huh mamas?" I asked Sophia in a baby voice although I knew she couldn't answer me back. That's why I love her. She's my new best friend. "Alright, you two ladies have fun. River, keep an eye on them." 

With Sophia in my arms, we hustled up the stairs with Pinkly not too far behind. I brought the baby's rocking chair with me into the room where Brian and I decided to hide all of our shit and began taking out boxes of things. 

Some were labeled Brian, others were labeled, Avenged. Some were even labeled MI books/Brian. It seemed like I couldn't find my design book and I so badly wanted to find it. Scratch that, I needed to find it. 

Minutes of moving boxes out of the way passed and I was slowly becoming frustrated. Sophia on the other hand was fast asleep, not caring if I was frustrated. I don't blame her either. I also wanted to just knock out right then and there. 

Minutest turned to hours, day turned into night. I was on the verge of giving up. 

"Hey babe, dinner is ready." Brian said entering the room only to be surprised at the amount of boxes I had taken out. "What the fuck are you doing?" 

"Looking for something. Can you make Sophia her bottle? I'll go eat in a bit." Suddenly, a box with the name Jackie written on it appeared before my eyes. "Oh my God! Thank you Lord!" I said pulling out the box and using a pocket knife to open it. 

Brian kneeled beside me, helping me open it. "What are you looking for?" 

Before I could even answer him, I spotted my book. The pages were probably yellow and old, but I didn't care. "This, beauty." 

"What is it?" He asked taking another book I had in the box. 

"It's my design books. I took a fashion design course in college. I aced that class and got a degree in Fashion. I never thought I'd put it to use but almost ten years later, here I am holding it in my hands." I spoke in amazement as I flipped through the pages. 

"Wow. That's amazing babe. You could totally open your own store with designs like this. And you can work with Cam. Some of these things are fucking dark." He showed me a page of a pair of shoes I designed with spikes coming from the front and from the back. I pulled a few ideas from Louis Vuitton. "I wanna see you wearing some like this." 

"I wouldn't even know where to get started."

"Uh, hi, I'm your husband. I once had a successful clothing line named Syn. I also know two of your cousins, Matt and Zacky who have a very successful clothing line and a very successful bow-tie company." 

I scoffed at his attitude, "Babe, I can't burden them with my issues." 

"It doesn't matter. They're family. They'd help you. Plus, it'll be a great start, right? You can work at home. No more leaving me alone." He said, tackling me to the floor and planting kisses all over my face. "We can finally be a real married couple!" He said between kisses. 

"Yes, but babe, you gotta get off me or you're gonna kill me with your weight!" I pushed him up, forcing him to get off me. "I'll call them and see if they wanna go out to dinner tomorrow. You down?" 

"Babe, I'm always down."