Stuck Between A Rock And A Hard Place

"So ESPN wants to do an interview with Trout. I was thinking we schedule it for next week since that's the only week he have an off day until the following week. What do you say, Esperanza?" 

"Huh?" I asked, being pulled away from this really awkward day dream I was having about John Stamos. If only day dreams were real then I'd be pregnant with his child... Oh God. But it wasn't like I wasn't paying any attention to Mr. Hamill, I was just too busy in my mind. 

"The interview with Trout. You have to escort him... Are you in for next week or out?" 

I shrugged, "I guess I'm in." 

"Great." Mr. Hamill said, closing his Macbook after he quickly typed in something. "I really enjoy having you on the team, Hope. You're very diligent when it comes to this. It must be a passion to you." 

"Not really, but it pays the bills." I shamelessly admitted. At some point in my life, I loved baseball, but once Sophia came into the picture and I married Brian, I really found my attention to be elsewhere. I didn't care for baseball or the business of sports as much as I did before. "Can I go now? I kind of just want to call my husband and see if my daughter is okay." 

With a warm smile, he vigorously nodded, "Of course. By the way how is Sophia doing?" 

"She's doing great." I smiled, collecting my items off the table and in a messy manner, piling them on top of eachother. "She's almost three months." 

"Oh, the best is yet to come. Once they reach four, they grow so fast. Enjoy her... Anyways, I need to finish up on a few things. See you around." 

Instead of moving, I was frozen. His words pretty much crushed me. They made me want to quit my job right then and there and just be with Soph and Brian the whole time. I wasn't jealous that he spends time with her, but the most time I spend is when she's asleep or needs a change. I want to see my daughter growing up... 

The day quickly passed and when it was time to go home, I couldn't wait to hit the road. It only took me thirty minutes to make it home but it still felt like forever. I guess traffic and rain don't go too well together, do they?

Unfortunately, when I got home, Brian wasn't there... Nor was my baby. In a way, I was relieved, I finally had some me time. But I wanted to hold my daughter and spend time with Brian. 

I hung my soaked sweater on the coat rack and dropped my bag on the couch. I didn't even bother taking off my shoes, I dumped my tiresome body on the couch, allowing my eyes to close. I never felt so tired in my life. I wasn't even sleepy tired, it was more like I'm done with my job tired. 

I was woken up by a tall figure hovering over me, shaking my leg. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Brian smiling as droplets of water hit my face. "Hi." 

"Why are you wet?" 

A foolish smirk grew upon his face, "Because I saw you..." I rolled my eyes, seeing the same smirk grow on my face, "Just kidding. I was at Schecter," He started sitting on the couch beside me, "And I took Soph with me because I couldn't leave her here alone and they wanted to see what font I wanted to use as the lettering. Turns out, it was gonna rain today. So..." He paused, shooting me a guilty smile, "I kind of got us both soaked in the rain. I didn't mean to." 

My jaw dropped and I mentally socked Brian in the face. I pushed myself off the couch, and ran up to Sophia's room. Brian, not too far behind was whispering my name loudly, asking me to stop. But I wasn't going to. My daughter was just drenched in probably acid rain and he wants me to stop? Nope.

I reached the room and swung the door open. The only light shining was that of the moon which was barely coming out. But, my little angel was fast asleep, in dry clothes. I sighed a breath of relief.