Sing of the End: Part 1

Comment and vote for next heartbreak... I mean chapter;D lol

Things weren't back to normal the following day. 

Twenty-four hours passed and I hadn't spoken to Brian, which killed me. 

Of course, he wasn't out and about causing mayhem and getting drunk to piss me off. He was in the basement noodling his guitar and ignoring the fuck out of me. Then again, I deserved it after the prank I pulled, but I felt he was taking things to the extreme. He'd only leave the basement to take Sophia down and to get something to eat. Other than that, it was as if I was dead to him.  

Dinner time quickly approached and I cooked up Brian's favorite dinner-- Rice and Beans with potato salad and carne asada tacos. If it wasn't for my mom teaching me how to cook up everything in the first place, the dinner would've been a disaster. 

Rule #1 in learning to cook from your mother: Pay attention.

I thought it'd be a nice way of saying sorry and making things better because in reality, that's all I wanted...

Approaching the basement door, I tried the cold doorknob, only to face disappointment as it was locked. I sighed, knocking lightly. "Brian, dinner is ready." No answer. "Babe?" 

"Not hungry." He shouted, his voice echoed.

I threw my head back, "Can you please stop? I really just want things to go back to the way they were. This is really immature of you and I to be doing this." Again, he didn't respond. I wasn't about to kiss his ass and take the full blame. Instead I chose to give up. "Whatever. Food is on the stove. I'm gonna eat. You can join me at the table if you want, if not, then it's on you." 

I walked away from the door and headed back to the kitchen. I quickly grabbed a bowl and put a very small amount of beans and rice for Sophia. On a separate dish, I prepared a plate of rice, beans and some salad. My world, and hunger, wasn't going to stop simply because Brian wanted to act like a teenager who was mad at his girlfriend. 

After putting Sophia in her highchair I began feeding her, occasionally letting her feed herself, as I dug into my plate. It surprised me how well her motor skills developed. Alone, with out any of my help, she'd take her spoon, try to scoop up some rice'n'beans and undertake the task of feeding herself. Rarely, she'd get a sufficient amount of food on her spoon and actually accomplish the task of eating, but on other occasions, she'd drop the food on her high chair and messily grab the beans and rice grains with her hand, and feed herself. I died of cuteness when I'd see her do that. 

The sound of the door closing, took my attention away from Soph for a mere second. I heard the lids of pots and pans being open and shut in a rough manner. But what drew my attention completely away from my food and Soph was the sound of glass being broken on the kitchen floor. 

I ran into the kitchen to see Brian covering his face, frustrated, and a plate full of food on the floor, shattered. His chest heaved up and down quickly in a pattern. 

No one moved for a good minute. We both had our eyes focused on everything but the mess, itself. One could say the broken plate on the floor was a perfect representative of the fight we were in the middle of-- Brian wanted to avoid it and I wanted to fix it. 

"I got it." I said, taking a roll of paper towels off the counter. 

Brian didn't move a muscle. He stood stuck in that position, probably planning to take a pot and whack me with it.

"No, I broke it. I'll clean up the mess." He said, sticking his hand out, waiting for me to hand him some paper. 

"Stop it. I got it!"