Smooth Sailing

I love feedback! Let me know what you think:) 

 The days following my reconciliation with Brian were the best to say the least. 

After the boys Q & A with the fans in Burbank, Brian returned home and insisted on talking out our problems. It had gone better than I expected. We made negotiations on a few things we discussed and found a balance. We also chose to leave the past month in the past and forget about it. However, I wouldn't forget the words Brian had told me but for the sake of our new beginning, I agreed to close that chapter. 

I only agreed because there might've been a new chapter starting for us. 

During the first week of September, I took notice in a few changes in my body. Actually, it was the same week of the Palladium show that I noticed a change in energy and appetite. Adding to that, I missed my period. I didn't want to think much of it, so I convinced myself it was the stress brought on by the separation. But once things came to a calm between us, the fatigue and odd cravings didn't stop there. I assumed it was my body since it got so used to eating all the time and constantly spending my days on the bed with Sophia. 

Yet, what made me question my un-professional diagnosis was the fact that my cravings didn't involve the things I loved. I forced myself to eat rice, beans and carne asada. It looked delicious on the plate, but once it was in front of me, I got sick. Not wanting to worry Brian, I kept hushed about everything I was feeling and told him it was probably a bug. 

It was a day before Bri left for another set of promotional shows in Europe and on the East Coast that I had the balls to take a pregnancy test to see if I was pregnant. I had always wanted to experience that moment when you share the news with your husband once you see the positive sign on the test. And what better way than to do it as a goodbye gift? 

Of course, I wasn't going to take the test-- It never crossed my mind to even buy one, let alone think I was pregnant. I was satisfied with my own diagnosis of stress. But I didn't know how I'd explain to Brian my reason for throwing up every minute of the day. Gena eventually convinced me to buy a test just to make sure I wasn't pregnant. 

I sat on the toilet and stared at the stick in my hands. For the moment, I was alone while Brian was in the room packing his suitcases and Sophia was fast asleep. The sensation of having to pee was coming more frequently and I knew if I was going to take the test, I had to do it at that very second. 

I pulled my pants down, did my business and peed on the stick. I finished up, then proceeded to sit on the toilet again and ignore the fact that the stick was faced down only inches away from me. 

Brian knocked on the door, "Baby, you okay? You've been in there a while... Do you need Pepto-Bismol? I can get some if you want." 

"N-No. I'm good." 

"Alright. I'm gonna take my stuff down to the car and then I'll get Soph ready." 

"Okay..." I said, leaning against the water bowl. The sound of Brian's footsteps faded and I quickly took gander down the hallway to see if he really was serious about leaving. 

I ran back into the bathroom, checking the timer on my phone. I saw two minutes was up and I began freaking out. My hands became sweaty and I felt my body become clammy. My heart was beating fast and I was sure everyone outside could hear it thumping in my chest. 

I flipped the stick over only to be surprised when the word PREGNANT flashed before my eyes which widened and nearly popped out of my head. 

I was in complete shock to see I really was pregnant. Certainly, I expected it after so many tries, but it's still some what surprisng and lfie changing to see the true results. The shock wore off and happiness filled my heart. I couldn't help but tear up as I placed my hand over my stomach. I gently rubbed it with a smile on my face knowing our second child was in there.