Old Habits Die Hard

Brian's POV

I woke up in the morning feeling nothing like P.Diddy. I felt like shit. My head was throbbing and my body was on the edge of rolling off the bed... On Jackie's side?  

I turned to the side and realized my side of the bed was still made. I then turned to check the time on the clock and realized Sophia didn't wake me up at 5:30 in the morning. 

Where was my family? 

Thinking Jackie woke up early, I headed downstairs only to see Pinkly who simply acknowledged my presence then quickly fell back to sleep on the couch. 

I literally searched every corner of the house and couldn't find Jackie or Sophia. I was starting to fear I had done something utterly stupid while I was heavily intoxicated at Johnny's wedding reception. 

As I began to think about it even more, I couldn't even remember what happened after dinner. That's when I knew it was a given that I had said something completely stupid to Jackie. 

I headed back upstairs to get my phone and call her, but as I climbed the stairs, I stepped on the hard object. "How the fuck did you get there?" I asked it, figuring it would answer me. 

Unlocking it, I noticed I had over 12 texts. Most were from Johnny which was sent as a group message explaining to Matt and I that Lacey had just done something to him that he'd never gotten done before. Good job, Lacey, I thought to myself, mentally clapping. I continued to read  through the messages to find one from Marlene. 

Hey jackie and sophia are at my house don't worry. they're ok. hope youre safe. 

I breathed a sigh of relief, knowing they were both okay. But I wanted my family. I wanted to hold my daughter and kiss my wife... Even if I made her mad for God knows what reason. 

I showered up and quickly got dressed then headed over to Marlene's to pick them up. I accidentally slammed the door to the car, causing me to flinch. It made my head hurt a bit more than what it was beginning to hurt. Fuck hangovers. 

I knocked on her door lightly then proceeded to wait until she answered it. Shoving a piece of toast into her mouth, she raised her finger to her lips. Sophia was on the floor on top of her cover, playing with the stuffed elephant she normally played with and chewed on.  

"I'm so sorry we left her over night. I swear, I think I got hammered last night and forgot about everything." I apologized, taking Sophia in my arms and planting a kiss on her cheek. She was more than happy to see me. That makes one of them...

Marlene nodded, "Don't sweat it. She behaved very well. My friend came over and he helped me baby sit. Make yourself comfortable. I have to finish something in the kitchen, excuse me." 

"Okay." I sat on the couch, assuming Jackie would come to me as soon as she heard the sound of my voice. However, moments passed and she didn't. I followed the ruckus being made into the kitchen where Marlene was washing a few dishes. No sign of Jackie. "Mar, uh, where's Jackie?" 

"She's in my bedroom, sleeping. She had a long night." She chuckled, drying her hands. "I'll take Soph, you go up and surprise her." 

I handed Sophia over to Marlene and hurried up to the second floor from the staircase in the kitchen. I entered the only door closed to find Jackie sound asleep in her dress. Sneaking over to the empty side of the bed, I noticed her phone going off beside her. It was a text and I didn't want to read it because well, we all know what happened last time I did that. 

Let The Sky Fall (Synyster Gates Series: Book 3)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara