No One To Fear But Vengeance Himself

Comment and vote for more :D <3 

The day had finally arrived. It seemed like forever since I'd been waiting for that moment. I had a dream and it may have taken a years but I chased that dream. Granted, there were many obstacles such as the money and the decisions to be made, but I somehow managed to get through all of it. 

 My clothing line was dropping. 

Unfortunately, Sophia had a slight cold and Brian was on a two-day festival, which meant I wasn't able to go see how sales were doing. So I had sent Gena on a shopping spree to both stores on Sunset Blvd. and Rodeo Drive. My beautiful sidekick returned with four bags, and an album full of pictures. To say we were both excited would be an understatement.

For two hours straight, Gena was my model, modeling every single item she bought from the store off my clothing line. Occasionally, I'd tear up because I finally saw one of my dreams become a reality. The blouses I designed were no longer just sketches on a paper, they were being worn by one of my best friends, as were the dresses, maxi-skirts, heels, bras and pants. 

"Okay, are you ready? This is the maxi-skirt and the cropped top with the denim jacket." Gena announced walking down the stairs. When she reached the last step, she spun around. The skirt continued to twirl around her ankles even after she stopped spinning. "I am absolutely in love with this skirt. You, my lovely, have a very beautiful mind. How you come up with these designs, I will never know, but I can assure you, I'm going to continue wearing them."

I chuckled, folding the clothes she previously modeled. "Thanks, babe. They look so nice on you." 

She turned to me, cocking her eyebrow up. "Are you okay? You seem a bit sad." 

"No, I'm good. It's just the whole Brian thing. I guess I got used to him being home that now that he left for the two day show, I find myself down in the dumps. I'll get over it by tomorrow. Don't worry." 

"Jackie, I can tell there's something else wrong. You've been like this ever since Soph's party two weeks ago. Did someone tell you something? Is it about Randy and your dad coming to live here?" 

"Trust me everything is fine, Gena." She wasn't convinced. The look on her face said it all. I knew I had to admit what was really bothering me before it literally killed me. It had been bugging me for a while already, I just couldn't seem to open up to anyone and express how I felt.

"Okay fine..." I sighed. "Brian apologized for the whole New York outburst the night of the kids' birthday party. But the thing is that he was telling me that we both faced  a lot together including death and I didn't know what he meant. Afterwards I found out I nearly died on the surgery table when they were doing the C-Section. Since then I've felt like... Paranoid I guess-- Like something bad is going to happen and it's a horrible feeling. It tears apart my insides. I start thinking maybe this feeling is associated with Soph, or the clothing line... Or even my relationship with Brian..." 

She sat next to me on the couch, "Sweetie, but you and Brian are back on good terms. He loves you. You love and tolerate him. There shouldn't be any negative feelings there. I see it like this, there can't be negativity while you're concentrating on positivity. " 

"That's not the point. The point is, I almost fucking died and no one told me anything. Not Brian, not my parents, no one. I'm not mad about that. It's just eye opening. I feel like I have to stop taking things for granted-- My marriage with Brian, Sophia's youth, this fashion opportunity. It's like, this is my second chance at life. I feel the need to love everyone despite their flaws." 

"That's a good thing, though. It's not every day you get a second chance at life. Ju-" 

A solid knock hit the door, interrupting Gena.