Home Sweet Hope

Jackie's POV

"This view!" I exclaimed, as soon as I stepped foot on the balcony of our New York home. "Oh my God! You can see Central Park from here! It's just like my old condo! I had the best view of the park and a decent view of Times Square on New Years. The fireworks were amazing." 

Brian took the spot beside me, holding Sophia in his arms who was dressed in a very heavy jacket-- suited for the cold December New York weather. He leaned against the balcony railing, "Yeah, I will hand it to you, this place is pretty nice. We could take Sophia for a walk in the park later." 

I nodded, leaning over the balcony to see the view of the street. I felt like a ten year old in a new city, ever so excited to start their new life and have new adventures. I bit my lip with a smile seeing the streets below us filled with snow and Christmas lights, people walking in their winter coats as vapor left their mouth. It reminded me of all those good times I had here.

I was home. 

"Can I ask you something?" Brian asked, taking a seat on the charcoal patio chair. He wrinkled his nose in pain and one can only thank Mr. Haner for that. Seems like the coffee really kicked Brian's ass... Literally.

"Uh-huh." I said, not leaving the balcony. It was so nice to be back in my old city. I wanted to cherish every moment. 

"This place is like really fucking nice and the view is impeccable... Why would you leave?" I turned to Brian taking note in the doubt in his voice, "I mean, I look at you and you seem so happy to be back. I don't see this at home... Well my home." 

I smiled, sitting on the chair beside him, "Babe, I love your home and I love California. But this is where I grew up. The streets below us are the streets I ran on. Upper East Side is my home, just like Manhattan and Times Square. Whenever we come back, I'm always going to get like this." 

"Anyone home?" My brother's voice echoed against the walls of the house. 

My eyes widened as a smile grew on my face. I jumped out of the chair only to enter the house and see my brother standing at the door with a bouquet of roses and a few presents. "Randy!" I shouted, running into his arms. 

The hug we shared was full of love; I missed my brother, especially now. We needed to be brought together to share how we felt. It was necessary. 

"I missed you so much, Jackie." He cried into my neck. The beads sliding down my skin didn't lie. "You don't even know." 

"I missed you too, Randy." I hugged him tightly, letting my emotions get the best of me. The last thing I cared about was being strong and holding back any type of emotions. Seeing my brother cry, letting his guard down, made it seem okay for me to do the same. 

After moments of just sharing a hug in silence, he pulled away, wiping the tears under his eyes, "Shit, I wasn't planning on crying today. Fuck you Jackie, making me cry and shit." 

I chuckled, doing the same, "It's your fault. Are those for me?" I asked, regarding the roses on the floor. 

He pointed and shook his head, "No, you swear. These are for Soph- Sophia!" He shouted just as Brian entered with a now half naked baby in his arms. "Holy shit, when did she get so fucking big?" 

"I'm going to take a guess and say probably when she started growing." Brian sarcastically said, handing her to Randy after sharing a handshake. 

He simply laughed, enjoying the sarcasm, "You little creature." He kissed her cheek, "She looks just like you Brian, but I can definitely see some Jackie too. Those green eyes are comin' in! Pretty soon, babe, pretty soon."