Back For More

How are you guys liking the story? I never ask you guys:) 

Comment and vote for the next chapter, yey? :D 

I was in deep concentration as I sketched out the vision of a dress I had on to my sketch book. I could feel my eyebrows furrowing at the center of my head, causing a few wrinkles to become visible. I didn't care, I wanted to get the sketch done before I headed out to lunch with Gena and Mikey at Brennen's restaurant. 

A heavy knock came from the front door downstairs, causing me to look away from the sketch. "Door!" I shouted. No one responded and I was a bit too comfortable on the bed to get up. "Randy! The door!" Frustrated, I threw my pencil on the pad and forced myself up. "I always have to do every single fucking thing in this house, and its not even mine." I complained to myself. 

I hastily hurried down the second flight of stairs, only to stop, taking notice in my brother's presence at the door. As I headed back up, the second voice was more than recognizable to me. It was Brian's. I stood at the very top step listening into their conversation. 

"She's fast asleep and I didn't want to wake her up..." 

My brother hummed, "Alright. You can lay her on the couch. I'll take care of her meanwhile." 

"Uh, where's Jackie?

"I think she's asleep upstairs. She was up all night sketching and I think she didn't get one ounce of sleep..." 

"Oh. I kind of needed to speak to her about something. Do you think you can bring her down?" 

"Sure... Jackie!!" Randy called out. I covered my mouth, holding back a laugh that begged to come out. "Jacqueline!" He shouted. "I'm too lazy to go up there. I'll try one more time and then I'll call her or something... Jackie, God damn it!" He said through gritted teeth. "Hold on." 

Holding on to the wooden banister, I peeked down to see what my brother was going to do. 

Suddenly, my phone's speaker pierced my eardrums with Quiet Riot's Cum On Feel The Noise and the vibration in my hands startled me enough to let go of my phone as it tumbled down the steps. I stretched my lip in regret, my eyes wide open acting as windows which I'm sure exposed how embarrassed I was. 

"Jackie?" Randy said, half way up the first case of stairs. He tilted his head, picking up my phone. "I've been calling you. Brian's here. He wants to talk to you." 

"Yeah, uh, I was coming down." I lied, slowly stepping down each step. "Give us a minute." I ordered. 

Randy nodded and hurried up the stairs.

I still hadn't made eye contact with Brian. My eyes were glued on Sophia who slept peacefully on the couch. With my head lowered, I walked in his direction and once I arrived at the door, my eyes were stuck on his beautiful smirk. "You weren't asleep were you?" 

"I was," I strived to convince him by cleaning the mascara under my eyes. "I really didn't sleep last night." 

He nodded, "Right. Can I come in? I kind of need to talk to you about something..." 

I looked around the house, seeing there wasn't really a reason for him not to enter. I stepped aside, allowing him to pass me by. Instead of taking the couch that was empty, Brian darted for the couch in which Soph laid on. He picked her up and held her in his arms. 

"What did you want to talk about?" 

"I wanted to know if you were still going to attend the Palladium show on Monday."