A Hard Day's Night

I'm glad you all like how this story is going so far!:) 

Jackie's POV 

Two months after having Sophia, I was forced to go to work... I was dreading when that day came. I'd been glued at the hips to Brian and Soph that leaving them made it hard to even concentrate. During the whole duration of the days I was at work, I considered quitting just to be with Soph. It was really hard to leave her although I knew she'd be in good hands with Brian. 

He'd been nothing but a great dad with her. I was really surprised at how much he'd matured in the past few months. He cut the drinking in the half and where he went, Sophia was sure to go with him. That is of course not out and about shopping, where she would be exposed to cameras and such things like that. But if he went to his dad's house, he'd take her. If he went to Matt's house, he'd take her. They were like best friends, conjoined at the hip. And he was absolutely in love with her. 

"Knock, knock," I said entering the house. "I'm home!" I was greeted only by Pinkly who jumped at my ankles, begging to be picked up. 

I dropped my bags on the couch and carried her upstairs to look for Brian. I checked every room and he wasn't there. I took my search down to the basement and sure enough, Brian was there with Sophia, Matt and River at his side. It was the cutest sight I had ever seen. You got two men quietly working on music with earphones on while River and Sophia are sleeping side by side with each other. 

I leaned against the doorway and crossed my arms over my chest. Neither of them noticed me, so I continued to stand and watch. They were definitely the most dedicated fathers I'd ever met. 

"Hey Jacks." Matt said, removing the earphones from his ears, allowing them to dangle off his neck. 

I waved, sneaking up behind Brian, "Hi boys." I said leaving a kiss on Brian's scruffy cheek. He pulled me onto his lap and locked our lips together. It's amazing how his kisses still manage to make me melt. 

"That was one of the best hello's I've gotten in a while." He said against my lips. 

I smiled and got up, fixing the hem of my dress. "How was your play date?" 

Matt nodded, "Pretty damn good. They've been knocked out for two hours already. We've gotten so much shit done. Zacky and Johnny came and left. I helped make dinner since Brian was putting the kids to sleep." 

"Awh, thanks Matt!" 

"So please, thank him because these two wouldn't be asleep if it wasn't for him." He smirked. 

"Oh I will, trust me." I winked, getting Brian to giggle in embarrassment. I looked over at the babies and saw how sound asleep they were. I decided not to wake them up since Bri did such an amazing job at putting them to sleep. Instead, I chose to go change into something comfortable and eat some dinner. "I'm gonna go change. If you guys need anything, I'll be upstairs." 

"Alright." They said in unison, placing the earphone back over their ears. 

I didn't mind that they were doing that. They had a busy schedule this year. Since it started, they toured like crazy and just two months before Soph and River born, they were still at it. Brian, however, chose to spend his time with the baby because in 2013, they plan on taking over the world with their music. 

He would have a new amp line coming out and many tours to go on. So staying home and getting tunes, lyrics and tracks down wasn't a choice. It was a must. It didn't bug me one bit because it's what Brian loves doing. 

Me on the other hand, I don't like doing what I'm doing. Sure, working at a baseball stadium as a manager of media is fun, to a point. I've gotten really tired of it and all I'd  been wanting to do was quit and pick up another job. I had another minor that I took in college that could be put to use; Fashion. I still had a steady arm when it came to sketching things and I really was considering changing my job title. It would be great to start fresh. 

As I reached the bedroom, I pulled out some a pair of sweats and a plain white t-shirt. The last time I wore something like that was before I was ever excepting Soph and it felt amazing to wear it again. 

"Babe..." Brian's voice echoed from the stairs. He peeked in through the door as I finished sliding into my shirt. "Hey." 

"Hi." I said, smoothing out the wrinkles on my shirt, admiring my body and it's thinness that wasn't there a month ago. It made me happy because let's face it, I missed being skinny. 

He snaked his arms around my waist and began to leave these soft kisses on my neck, down to my  shoulder, making me quiver with excitement. "I missed you today baby." 

I spun myself around, smiling at his words and swinging my arms around his neck, locking our lips together. His touch was making me want him. It was happening often because my hormones were raging with lust ever since I had Sophia. "I missed you too. I'm so happy I'm home." 

"I'm so happy you're home." He said against my lips. I closed my eyes and took in the smell of his after shave, which til this day made me melt."I miss you being home baby..." 

"I miss it too babe..." Something was definitely wrong. We've had this strong connection and at that moment, my insides were telling me that something was wrong with him and I wanted to find out. I pulled myself away from him. "What's wrong babe?" 

"I just love you so much it hurts. I don't want you to go to work anymore. I miss you being here. I mean I can take care of Sophia fine alone, but I just want us to be a family before any type of touring starts." He said tracing my jawline.

"If I could quit, I would. I want to, you know that. I just need to bring money in." 

He smacked his lips together and laid back, "Fuck the money babe. I got us. I make enough bank in a month to last us for a year. C'mon."

I laughed at his behavior and words. "It's not that easy. We'll see where life takes us, okay? But for now, I have to work." 

"Brian! Your child doesn't stop crying!" Matt shouted from downstairs.

 He grunted, "Why can't he put her to sleep?" 

I giggled and pushed him off me, pecking his lips, "C'mon. We'll put Soph to sleep." 

"Okay, but once Matt's gone, I'm going to rock your world... If ya'know what I mean?" 

I smirked, "Don't I always?"

Yeah, I think I'm totally in love with married life or maybe I'm just in love with Brian.