Nothing Else Matters

Comment and vote :D

Never had I felt so empty before than I did once we dropped Sophia off at Zina's house. 

I didn't have a choice. The guys, their ladies and most of Brian's family were going to McKenna's performance at school. Her band was gonna compete in a small battle of the bands competition and she invited almost the whole family; Avenged and biological. 

I was excited to see what her band had to showcase but I couldn't get this feeling away from me. It felt like my family was being torn away. I knew Soph was in good hands, but it made me feel alone even if Brian was with me. 

In all honesty, I couldn't enjoy the show because every ten seconds I'd worry about Sophia and I'd end up texting Zina to see if everything was okay. She kept assuring me that she was fine and I had nothing to worry about. But as a mother leaving her child alone for the first time with someone other than Brian, it made me so worried. 

Once the show was done, we headed to the lobby to wait for McKenna and her band mates to congratulate them and then go out for some dinner. 

Brian had me sitting on his lap, holding on to me ever so tightly. I really enjoyed being in his arms, it was such a comforting and safe place to be. 

"There she is!" Mr. Haner announced just as McKenna stepped out into the lobby with her band members at her side. "Congrats baby. That was amazing! Best performance you've done so far!" 

"Thank you daddy!" She said, hugging Mr. Haner with all her strength. 

Brian pulled out a bouquet of roses from behind his back and handed them to her, also congratulating her successful performance. She looked extremely happy that she had done this. And let it be known, the whole family was happy too. 

"Jackie!" McKenna shouted with excitement in her voice. She took me by the wrist, pulling me away from Brian. In front of me stood a few of her band mates who looked tired and sweaty. "Guys, this is Jackie, Brian's wife. Jackie, these are my band mates. Jason, Aaron, Kris and Peter. I wanted you to meet them because they wanted to see if Brian married a grenade. I told them he married a bombshell but they didn't believe me." She said, making me laugh. 

"Well," I started, throwing my arm over her shoulders, "I hope I meet your expectations boys. You all did a great job out there. I'm sure you made your mommas proud." 

The one named Kris nodded, crossing his arms over his chest, "I did, hopefully." 

"Jackie, I think Matt's calling you." McKenna said. I turned around and saw him waving me over, so I excused myself from their presence and headed over to the little circle of friends and family that gathered in the lobby.

As I arrived, a woman with long brown hair was standing besides Brian and Matt. It was as if threat was written across her forehead because my radar automatically went off. Val, who just so happened to be looking rather annoyed shifted her eyes between the brunette and I. 

"What's up?" I asked no one in particular.  

"Oh, Jackie. I wanted you to meet Naomi." Matt said, swinging an arm over me. "Naomi, this is Brian's wife." He emphasised on the word, making things seem even more suspicious. Brian, however, seemed pissed and uneasy. "They have a daughter together." 

This bitch had the balls to check me out from my head to my toes. "It's nice to meet the woman who helped Brian settle down. When I was with him, he couldn't. He was such a rebel always getting caught doing things he shouldn't be doing." 

"In what way?" I asked. 

She laughed, "Cheating and other things. But that doesn't matter now. As long as he's happy. Right babe?"