63. You're In An Abusive Relationship - Calum

Começar do início

"Hello," you smiled, pulling out his seat at the table so he could sit down. He always ate dinner first thing after he got home. So you always had to have dinner ready by six on the dot. When he was comfortable, you served him, he didn't put the food on his plate you did. He was the king and you were the maid. He got a heaping portion, and then you started to put food on your own plate.

"Y/N, you're getting fat," he frowned as you put maybe a quarter as much of the lasagna he had on his plate on yours, "put that back. You can have some salad, and half a piece of bread."

You hung your head in shame. You were getting fat. So you put the lasagna back in the bowl and took maybe half a serving of salad and some bread instead. You ate quietly on the other side of the table while Y/A/N chomped down. He gorged himself daily on your food, so he wasn't exactly thin or muscular either. But you of course didn't say or even think that, you were too focused on yourself, and being fat. You couldn't please him if you were fat.

The next day an hour of running was placed on your to-do list.

When Saturday arrived you were very excited, but you didn't want him to know. So you buried yourself in the preparation needed for the party. While Y/A/N was plopped down on the couch watching FOX news, you practically scrubbed down the whole house. Then you had to work to put up the decorations, and you made all the hors d'oeuvres. When everything looked perfect, you left to get ready.

You showered and dried your hair, then pulled on the dress Y/A/N had left out for the occasion. It was the definition of ugly. There was no definition to it and it was an ugly yellowish color that you couldn't pleasantly describe. But you put it on anyway, and swiped on a little bit of makeup as well. Throwing on some sparkly heels that nobody would be able to see under the ugly dress, you carefully joined Y/A/N at the door to welcome in guests.

Well kinda, you opened the door while Y/A/N ushered them into the house. Nobody really said anything to you. During this time you were very very anxious. Calum could be here anytime.

You had this nervous habit of twisting your engagement ring around when you've done something you knew Y/A/N wouldn't like. A habit that he knew well, and one that he noticed you were doing.

"Why are you nervous?" He raised an eyebrow, staring down at you.

"Nothing," you replied, choosing to look at the ground instead of him.

"Answer me without lying you ugly bitch," he began to walk closer to you, and you backed up, terrified. He had never done anything to physically harm you before, but in that moment there was murder in his eyes. You looked around for help, but nobody seemed to care that you were being stalked into a corner.

The door knocked once.

Either Y/A/N didn't hear it or didn't care because he didn't look, his gaze was locked in on you.

"What. Did. You. Do?" He towered over you, you tried to back up more but you hit the wall. No way to get out now.

"I- I-" you sputtered.

There was a second set of knocking, much more pronounced than before. More urgent.

"TELL ME!" He roared, grabbing your hair and yanking it back painfully to force you go look him in the eyes.

You were crying too hard to say anything. You were overwhelmed and scared of what he would do.

He gritted his teeth and wrapped a hand around your neck.

The door knocked a final time.

He applied pressure, slowly beginning to crush your airway. You clawed at his hand and gasped for air.

The doorknob turned.

You couldn't breathe at all. Black dots began to swim across your eyes.

The door swung open.

"HEY! GET OFF OF HER-" a familiar voice said. You wished that you could place it. But you were too busy passing out.

You slowly felt yourself regaining consciousness. You could feel cool sheets under your body, and a warm blanket tucked over you. You were wearing soft, loose clothes, the comfortable kind you used to love. There was a soft murmuring in the background, like two people were talking quietly.

You realized that you were not home. Your eyes shot open. You tried to speak but your throat burned horribly, "help," was all you were able to get out.

You heard the two people rush over. It was Ashton and Luke. What were they doing here? Where was here?

"CALUM SHE'S AWAKE!" Ashton yelled.

Luke smiled sadly at you, "you're at Calum's place Y/N, you're safe here."

"Y/N?!" Calum rushed in, and for the first time in a solid year you saw your brother.

You could feel yourself tear up as you opened up your arms. He came over and hugged you, crying a little himself.

"I'm so glad you're back," he kissed your forehead and smoothed down your hair.

Back? You couldn't come back, you had to go back to Y/A/N.

You frowned, "where's Y/A/N," you choked out, "I want to see him."

All of the happy emotion in the room left with that request. Calum's face dropped and he sighed tiredly like he knew it was coming.

He waved Ashton and Luke out, "he's not coming back Y/N, he was arrested yesterday."

You looked up in shock, "arrested? No. No no." You shook your head rapidly.

"He tried to kill you Y/N," Calum rationalized, "he's dangerous, we had to call the police."

"No, no he loves me," you tried to explain it to Calum, "he's the only one that will, I'm so lucky to have him. Nobody else would want someone fat or stupid like me."

Your poor brother looked absolutely heartbroken at your words. "Y/N," he said softly, "whatever he told you. They were all lies. He was a disgusting human, he lied to get you to stay, to convince you that you needed him."

"I- I do need him," you said quietly. You thought you did at least. You blinked back tears of sadness and confusion. What was going on? Who should you believe? "I need to go to the bathroom," you mumbled standing up.

You walked in, and stared at yourself in the mirror. You picked out all your flaws. You saw them like how he had. Your big nose, unruly hair, large body. You started to believe him again, that is until you caught a glimpse of your neck. There were big, ugly, purple lines in the shape of his fingers.

He had hurt you, badly. You touched one and flinched back. They were still very painful and tender. How could someone who loved you do that? Did he... you swallowed thickly, did he love you? Was Calum right, did he lie?

You thought back to how he treated you. Like a princess in the beginning, and like a slave in the end. A horrible pit of dread began to grow in your stomach when you realized the extent of his manipulation. He didn't love you. He never had. He used you from beginning to end. Your legs felt a little wobbly at the admission. You knew now.

Calum had known the entire time. Calum who was waiting for you in the other room. You took off from the bathroom running to your old bedroom where Calum was still sitting. You tackled him into another hug and cried into his shoulder.

"I'm so sorry," you admitted to him.

"Don't be, it's not your fault Y/N, we're just all glad you're back," he sighed, wrapping his arms around your midsection.

You did the same to him. You finally reunited. You were ready to be a family again.

"PANCAKES ARE READY!" Michael's scream made you pull apart.

"Hungry?" Calum asked.

Your stomach rumbled loudly, responding for you.

You both laughed and went to go eat your first meal together in a very, very long time.

Thank you all for reading, commenting, and voting!