38- Big Day [ Last Chapter ]

Start from the beginning

"Come on Nova, your wedding is in five hours, I think we should help your mom set up down at the garden," Evinor said, already dressed and ready to leave the house. Another thing I forgot to mention was my wedding destination. Cole and I both had chosen a cute hidden garden to get married, close to the same place we used to lie on the grass and talk.

I nodded my head, and quivered my way up back towards my room. Ready to change into a cute dress before the wedding— not my wedding dress of course. Evinor drove me to the garden, and for some reason I wasn't as stressed out as I thought I'd be. I was just genuinely happy.

"So.. who all did you invite to the wedding?" I brought up a small conversation as we exited my mothers car. The air smelt of flowers, and all I could hear was the wind and the sound of birds chirping. It was beautiful.

"Everyone on your list. Including some additional people I knew you wouldn't invite," She grinned, and we opened the cute little wooden gate that led us to the garden.

"Name everyone."

"Katherine," She began, and I wanted to gag, "Dylan, Louis, Harry, Maria, your parents, Calen, all of your relatives, random people at your school, old childhood friends— honestly I don't remember. All I remember is I invited a lot people."

"Wait.. how did you invite Maria? I never put her on my list," I complained, picturing that skanky whore ruining my wedding.

"Yeah, but Cole had a list also."

"And he invited her?" I felt like chocking myself, I could remember when those two dated. How Cole suddenly became so popular, and completely forgot of my existence. I wasn't as worried, knowing he never had real feelings for her.

"Yeah, he said something about making her jealous? I don't know," She yawned, and separated from me— picking up flowers to decorate chairs with.

"Okay, good."

"Baby," A familiar voice spoke from behind me, and I turned around in a heart beat. It was my dad, the guy who tore apart our family— and dissed my boyfriend. He was in our town.

"Why are you here? Did you realize I'm getting married," I quickly turned around and tried walking away, but he grabbed my arm and yanked me back towards him.

"I'm here to watch my daughter get married. Of course I don't necessarily like the guy you're marrying, but I have to get over it. I made a terrible decision, and I can't explain how sorry I am," He said the same thing he always did, and it was never true. Oddly, he looked better than he used to. He didn't smell of smoke or alcohol. "I have big news also."

"Please don't ruin my day. I'm actually in a good mood, excited to marry the love of my life," I let out a sarcastic laugh, "All I want to do right now is cuddle up in bed with him, and give him a never ending kiss."

He gulped, obviously not expecting me to say something like that, "I want to spend the rest of my life happy. And never have to go through the same thing mom did with you."

"I want that for you. He seems like a good guy, although he's left you a few times. But I'm also getting married."

"You're what?" I scowled, "You haven't even divorced mom yet, how are you getting married?"