17- Love Triangle.

Nova Dillon

When I got home from prom I basically killed myself running into my house as fast as I did, and locking the doors behind me. I was done with all of these boys, coming after me like a love doll. On the bright side. I hated every single one of them, and was about to become lesbian.

Not really.

I fell to my knees once entering my house. Annoyed and upset with everything that had just happened. It wasn't how I pictured prom ending up. I was harassed by mean girls, ditched by Dylan, and greeted by my ex boyfriend.

"What happened?" My mom noticed me and ran up to me, "Did Dylan try to rape you? Because funny story, that happened to me on my prom night. And I never told you."

"No mom, please stay out of this," I groaned, and stood from the floor. Tilting my neck to the side to stretch it out.

"Stay out of what? Tell me what happened?" She demanded, only making everything more complicated because I hated explaining things to her.

"Cole's back," I admitted, not knowing whether I should feel happy or upset, "I told him how I felt, and left."

"So you two are officially broken up?" She gasped, and slightly cheered as if she was happy, "That's great hunny. You can finally move on."

"No. I'm done with guys," I narrowed my eyes to the ground, then started walking upstairs, "I'm going to bed."

She only nodded, and comforted me by softly patting my back, "Everything we'll get better. I promise."

"Don't promise something you can't keep," I stated, "That's what I told Cole. Because that's definitely something you shouldn't promise."

"Get some rest, you don't have school tomorrow so that's good."

She turned off all the lights, and continued making her way back to her bedroom as I walked carelessly up to my room.

I lied down on my soft bed, and continued to cry my eyes out. My life had never been so difficult. And all I could think of was being young again. Where nothing really mattered.

All of a sudden hear a soft knock, which quickly took my attention. I made my way towards the window, and gained the courage to open it.

I should've guessed I'd see him. But this time he swung down from the top of the roof- startling me completely.

It was Cole. And I legit looked around my room to see if I had a knife so I could stab him. "Cole what are you doing here?" I rose my voice.

"Baby," He pushed me through softly, just like he had a long time ago, "Don't say anything. Just let me show you that I can make you happy."

His voice was calm, and he didn't seemed the slightest bit mad. I breathed against his neck harshly, and closed my eyes, "Get out of my house. Right now."

He pushed me against my bed, and started gliding his hands through my hair, "It feels so good to finally be here with you," He grinned, "I just hope you'll take me, and not that flamboyant British guy who used to be my pal."

"Stop doing whatever you're doing," I held in my breath, "Stop doing this on and off thing you do. I hate you right now, and I don't want to see you."

"Come on Nova, don't ruin the moment."

"Don't tell me what I can and cannot do," I demanded, "This is my house, and my body. If I don't want to see you, then that's my decision."

He looked at me shocked. His lips parted as if he was about to say something but couldn't find the right words, "Don't do this Nova."

"Give me a break," I sarcastically laughed, "The more I see you, the more I want to kill myself. So leave."

"So you don't love me?" His eyes watered.

"God, I love you to death. That's why I'm so furious," I growled, "Just leave my house Cole, stop."

"Don't do this Nova, I'm begging you," His eyes turned cold, and his lips dried, "We love each other!"

"You have nothing to worry about. But this isn't going to solve anything," I pointed towards the window.

"I'm only leaving because I respect your opinion."

"Good," My voice cracked, "Like I said earlier, give me time to think everything through. I want to know I can actually trust you."

He left through my window. Looking back at me almost every second in case I changed my mind. And I thought really hard about making him leave. And I felt like I made the right decision by wanting to be alone.

Once he's gone. I locked my window, and closed my blinds. I was done with school, people, and just boys in general. I couldn't remember the last time I did something for myself.

His words kept repeating in my head, "Let me show you that I can make you happy!" And he did make me happy. Like I've said a million times. But that was a long time ago. A fantasy we both had, that clearly wasn't real.

I made a decision that night to visit a counselor the next day. Maybe he or she would help me calm myself, and maybe learn to ignore the boys until I figure things out.

**

"So, what's the problem?" The blonde counselor asked, and I took a deep breath ready to spill out all of the juicy details.

"I met this boy named Cole Sprouse and we fell in love. About a five days later, he broke up with me- not technically! He just left. He ended up leaving town for three months and I was heartbroken. I thought he was dead, I just didn't know. And he came back yesterday, but I kind of have feelings for someone else," It took me a while to explain this, and the councilor seemed confused trying to process my story.

"Explain to me what you like about Cole. And tell me how much you love him," She said, and I sighed.

"Well, what's not great about him?" I laughed, "He's so good looking! He has the most amazing personality. We're a lot alike, and he's just so nice to me," I couldn't help but frown as I said this, "But I hate him for doing this to me."

"Now tell me about Louis."

This is where I became stuck. The only reason I liked him was because he cared about me, "He's really nice, cute and British," I sighed, "But we aren't alike."

"Then why are you confused?" She raised her eyebrow, "You know who's right for you, my dear."

"I don't want to hurt their feelings. And I'm mad at Cole."

"Sweetie. Cole obviously loves you. He might have a very good reason for leaving you," She grinned, "Go for it."