22- Unexpected.

Nova Dillon

I lied back in my soft bed after talking to Cole for a bit. He still seemed scared, as if questioning our relationship again. But I didn't understand why? I guess I'd have to have the same dream to understand how horrible he felt.

"Did my dream upset you? This is why I didn't want to tell you," Cole mumbles as he crawls back into bed with me, wrapping his arm around my waist.

"No, it's fine. I just don't understand why you're so upset," I let out a large yawn, "I mean. Yeah- you where abusive, and you cheated on me. But it was all a dream. Right?"

He gave me an uneasy look, and I could see the sweat drip from his forehead, "It was a dream. A terrible dream that will be the death of me."

"No! I thought you where over talking about death. Don't even start again," I complain, and let my head clash against the pillow for I was fed up.

"Babe," He laughs as if he was making fun of me, "I'm not talking about death- it's a saying."

"You used the word death, and it makes me really sensitive," I exclaimed.

"Listen, go to bed and stop stressing. I'll see you in the morning," He kisses my temple gently before lying on his back next to me. And now here I am, not able to sleep because I already awoke.

**

I woke up around ten or nine, I wasn't sure. One thing I was sure about was Cole wasn't in the room, and I started to panic. Did he leave while I was asleep?

For some odd reason, the first thing I thought to do was look out of my window and see if he was outside. Of course he wasn't, so I went to check my phone in case he happened to text me with that shitty phone of his that he rarely used.

Cole: My brothers in some deep shit. I'm sorry I had to leave, I didn't want to wake you up so I'll be gone for a bit

Me: What happened?

Cole: Long story... I'm at my house if you want to come over

Me: On my way

I threw my phone against my bed and quickly ran down the stairs. I planned on going back to the hospital to see Calen and my mom, but I was only being curious. I ran across the street- still not fully awake.

I knocked on the door, and was immediately greeted by Cole pulling me forcefully into the house and locking the door behind him, "Good you're here," He breathes heavily, "Something happened with Dylan."

"What happened?" I asked, confused.

"Well, you know how his house is being built," He scratches the back of his head as I nod, "Well, one of the guys threatened to kill him so he may have stabbed him due to self defense."

It took me a second to process what he had just said. Dylan, my current best friend was being put in a terrible situation for something he didn't even mean to do! And the fact that Cole and I wouldn't have money to bail him out of Jail is unsettling.

"Where the hell is he?" I panic, and start looking around the house.

"Upstairs, hiding and crying," He grabs my arm and we start racing up the stairs, towards Dylan and Cole's empty room.

Dylan was indeed in his room crying his eyes out. But he was in a closet, in his boxer shorts, "Dylan! Are you okay?" I slightly gasped and approached him.

"Oh god Nova! You don't know how happy I am to see you!" He jumps into my arms like a little kid, "I was afraid you and Cole would never get back together! But that's not the issue; I'm going to jail."