15- Surprise.

Cole Sprouse

I've made a final decision. Back when Nova and I went to the beach, we talked about going to the prom together. And it breaks my heart imagining what she's like right now. Because I knew how much she cared about the prom.

Remember when I told you I bailed on my best friend, and somehow found and old beat up shack to call my brother? Yeah, he ended up taking me to a hotel and buying me a room, because hell I didn't have money! And if I wanted to surprise Nova, I couldn't stay at my house.

So there I am now. Biting my lips anxiously as I walked to the high school, waiting to see my beautiful girlfriend Nova. If she's even my girlfriend anymore.

**

Nova Dillon

Ten minutes into the prom. I was already fed up with everyone's bullshit, and it didn't help that Dylan was off frolicking with some other girls. I don't think he got the memo, about being my date.

I didn't feel comfortable standing alone, so I walked to the bathroom. Where I was instantly greeted by two girls blocking the entrance.

"Look who it is? Cole's play toy!" One of the blonde bimbo's laughed, "Oh wait, didn't he leave you? I heard he left the country or something like that."

"It wouldn't be surprising. He probably realized how truly ugly, and big your nose is!" The other one added, and I only rolled my eyes and tried to push my way past them.

"Sweetie, you aren't getting past us," She fluttered her eyelids, "Unless you want to embarrass yourself by stinking up the place."

"Get the fuck out of my way. It's not like you own the damn school," I tried pushing them again, but they wouldn't let me through, "Look, I don't know who the fuck you think you are, but that doesn't give you the right to stick your big asses in the doorway!"

They both gasped, and slowly stepped away from the door, "Just to inform you. I actually slept with Cole once. He isn't very impressive," The blonde one rolled her eyes, and they both walked back down the hallway. Of course the only two girls that weren't goth or emo at this stupid school where considered the preppy girls. God I hated them.

I stayed in the bathroom for about five minutes. And found something special. Inside my bag was one of the pictures Cole took on his camera of him and I. For weeks I've wanted to rip it up and forget about everything. But my heart was stopping me from achieving that goal.

I clutch the necklace tightly around my neck, and examined the stunning picture of us hugging. We actually looked good together. But this was almost three months ago. I hadn't seen Cole for three months. So maybe those girls where right. He realized I wasn't good enough for him.

Suddenly Diana entered the bathroom, and I quickly looked up and wiped away my tears.

"Doll, are you okay?" She comforted me, and I put the heart breaking picture behind my back, "Your makeup, it's smeared!"

"Yeah I'm okay," I tried to smile, but I just couldn't, "Just getting home sick that's all."

"Nova. You're still in Chicago. I know you miss Cole, I shouldn't have been so hard on you," She hugged me tightly, "This is all my fault."

"No, it's okay," I respond instantly, "It's not your fault, so can you just leave me alone for a moment."

The room was silent as she looked up at me, and played with my hair, "No. Let me comfort you, and fix your makeup."