10- Alone.

Nova Dillon

I didn't go to school the next day, or the day after that. My mom understood how I felt, she called it heart break disorder. But I felt more mad than sad, along with the slightest bit heart broken. He was an asshole, who got what he wanted then left me in the dust.

I lied on my bed for two days straight, not crying, just staring at the wall above me. I didn't allow any sunlight into my room, and I refused to eat or drink anything.

"Novy, come on you need to eat something," My mom entered my room, but I was covered in black blankets.

I only groaned, not saying anything in response. "Nova," She came closer, and sat on the bottom of the bed, "Please talk to me, tomorrow you are going to school no excuses."

I pulled the blankets off of me, and gave her a mean glare, "I'm too upset to go to school my mom."

"You have too! You're in trouble Nova, you shouldn't have met that boy anywa-"

"I know, but it happened," I interrupted, "I just got excited. He showed me affection and acted like he loved me, when clearly he didn't."

"You're just a teenager, tomorrow you'll forget about him," she scoffs, "You met him like five days ago, and you somehow told him you loved him."

I nodded my head, "You're just confused, and bored."

"He said he'd come back. I don't really want him to come back though. But a part of me really does want him to come back and hold me."

"Well, he gave you a lot of time to think. Now you got a glimpse of the type of person he is," she rubbed my leg for comfort, "I know it's hard."

"I'll get over him, I'm sure of it," I sighed, "I thought I'd learn from your mistakes, but hell no."

She giggled, "I thought I'd learn from grandmas mistakes also, but I didn't."

I sat and stared at nothing for a moment, "He's really gone mom," for once I actually started to cry.

"Don't cry," my mom gave me a nice hug, that I truly needed, "He was just a boy. Just a boy. You'll find someone else."

"Maybe I don't want to find someone else," I finally spoke, "I haven't felt this way since Christopher. But somehow Cole made me feel better than Christopher ever made me feel."

"Did you forget he also dumped you, moved away somewhere far. Just like this guy did. All I'm going to say is be strong Novy," She patted my leg slowly, then stood up, "I'll bring you food because you have to eat!"

I didn't disagree this time, because I was honestly starving. I just wasn't in the mood to do anything.

Five minutes later she brought me food, pizza to be exact, and water. I quickly took it from her and started to devoir it.

"See, I knew you were hungry," She chuckled.

"I didn't say I wasn't I just-"

"Wanted to starve yourself," She interrupted, "I was the same way when I was your age. I felt overweight, when I really only weighed like 120 pounds."

"I get told all the time that I'm extremely skinny, but I feel like as a human we naturally feel like we're overweight," I took a deep breath.

"I've never told you this before," She lied on the bed next to me, "But when I was your age, I fell in love with this guy named Conor."

"What happened?" I rose my eyebrow.

"He killed himself, and tried to get me to do it also," She looked down at her hands, "It was a really creepy situation to be in. He convinced me that we'd be together happily in heaven."

"That's terrible."

"Was Cole ever suicidal?" She asked, and I rose my eyebrow.

"No, he was just very lonely," I mumbled, "But it doesn't matter. He's gone."

"This is out of the question. But have you ever smoked?"

A short pause occurred, deciding whether or not I should tell her, "Yeah, but it was my decision. I wanted to see what it was like. And let me tell you.. it was nasty, I'm never doing it again."

"Oh god Nova, I don't want you to follow in my footsteps. Never do it again," She shook her head in disbelief. And I was surprised How angry she didn't sound.

"Won't happen again," I said, and lied back down on my bed.

"Okay well, you're going to school tomorrow, goodnight," She yawned and exited my room. Knowing I was going to start more confrontation.

It was always good to talk to my mom. Because sometimes, she understood how I felt even if she'd get mad. Because apparently we are a lot alike.

--

Two months went by as crazy as it sounds. I hadn't seen Cole Sprouse, which I was totally fine with. No one had realized he was gone. And sometimes I do think about him, wishing he hadn't left.

My life continued, just as it had before I moved. I feel somewhat concentrated, finally getting good grades in school and I started to teach singing lessons.

Of course I hadn't let any other guys near me. As much as I hated Cole for leaving me, my gelable self thought that I was saving myself for him. Even though it wouldn't happen.

I still stood away from Diana, knowing she'd find ways to tell me that she was right about the whole thing. I sat alone at lunch, and walked home alone every single day.

*

Cole Sprouse

I couldn't go back to her like this. Hiding myself in a drug hole, somewhere out of town. It wasn't good for me, nothing I do is ever good for me. I was sinking deeper and deeper, but I needed Nova to pull me out.

"Pass," My friend Mark coughs. Motioning me to pass him the small pile of cocaine I had in front of me. And I did just that, going along with the game.

I still thought to myself every time I'd do drugs, "Don't do it, you're going to kill yourself," Because I cared to much for Nova to kill myself, although she didn't think that.

I'm hurting her right now, and I doubt she'll run back to me when I get back to Arlington Hills. But It also won't hurt to try. I needed to be 100% clean before being with her again. Yet here I was..

I stand up and look around the dark basement. Smelling like all sorts of drugs, and crowded with homeless people who had nothing better to do. Being alone has done this to me, after losing my girlfriend Evinor—I found Mark, and he took me to this place. Calling it safe.

It was far from safe.

The day I met her Nova Dillon. I faced my fears. Ignoring every other girl who stepped in my pathway after I lost my girlfriend, and I took a chance to get to know someone. Nova seemed like the perfect girl, smart, beautiful. And she just interested me. I loved her personality, so how could I let her fall away from me.

Just because I smoke, and do things I'm not supposed to doesn't mean I don't deserved to be loved. Or have a beautiful girl in my life such as Nova Dillon.

I just hope one day, we'll find each other again and left of were we started.