14- Prom Night.

Nova Dillon

I spent about three hours in my room, staring at my reflection in the mirror. My life had changed so much since I lived in my family home with my dad. The way I dressed, smiled, and most importantly the way I'd talk to other people.

My mom and Dylan were both convincing me to go to the prom. But I just wasn't in the mood to be around a ton of people and watch them enjoy themselves. If I ended up going, I'd probably get dirty looks from mean ass bitches who are clearly jealous.

"Come on beautiful girl, go to the prom," My mom randomly appeared behind me, and I jolted forwards.

"Jesus Christ, don't fucking do that to me," I grimaced, "And don't tell me what to do, I haven't made up my mind."

"Sorry," She giggled, "You should really go. You only have this opportunity once Nova Grace Dillon."

I take a deep breath and start fidgeting with my hair, "I don't need to go to prom. High school doesn't even matter. None of it matters once you're in the real world."

"Try not to think about him," She suggests, but I raise my eyebrow, "You where fine forgetting him last month Nov. He's just a dumb boy."

"When did I say anything about Cole Sprouse? I don't have feelings for him anymore mom, that was three months ago," I sighed and sunk deeper into the chair.

"You're thinking about him right now. You always make that face when you're thinking about boys my dear," she places her hands on my shoulders.

"It's not my fault. Who knew a boy I knew for three days would have such an impact on my life," I sighed.

"Just go, you'll be fine," She said again, not understanding how hard this was for me, "I've repeated myself over a million times, but you must move on."

"Okay, I'll go with Dylan," I pulled out my phone, ignoring the conversation we just had.

"I know how you're feeling Nova, but I'm not going to let you waist your time in your room," she muttered as she left the room, "Love you."

Please go to prom with me

Aw, is Nova Dillon asking me out?

I guess so, pick me up at 6:45?

I'd be honored too ;)

I made myself look slightly decent by curling my hair, putting on makeup, and wearing a cute red dress. Something that stood out was my black converse, which where the only shoes I had to wear.

Twenty minutes later I heard a loud honk outside.  I looked out of my window to find Dylan leaning against his truck, wearing a nice buttoned up blue shirt.

"Damn Dylan!" I laughed to myself. Because he seriously looked stunning. I ran downstairs and out of the door, waving goodbye to my mom who was sitting on the couch doing work stuff.

"He's cute!" She shrieked, and I rolled my eyes, "Like seriously cute."

"He looks exactly like Cole Sprouse," I bit my lips. "So don't go thinking anything you shouldn't be thinking."

"Whatever," She chuckled, and I left the house instantly.

Without hesitating, I ran up to Dylan with my arms wide, and hugged him, pleased to be in his presence, "Thank you for doing this Dylan. I'm not going to let one stupid guy ruin this for me."