34- Past.

Evinor Dunn

I didn't want to go back to New York where everyone I knew thought of me as a spoiled joke. I wasn't respected by anyone at school what so ever. And just as I thought Nova would end up being an actual friend— she dated my ex boyfriend who hurt me in every way possible.

It's time that I share with you a little story; so you understand why I did what I did to Cole. I'm not just some lunatic who made up a stupid little story to get attention. He actual was a monster at one point.

January 18th, 2013

"Listen to me. If you leave this house I'll kill my self," He pinned me against the wall. Hard enough to leave a big dent where my foot had landed, "Now I know you don't want that to happen. Do you."

"I'm not going to let you hurt me anymore," I protested. Trying to set myself free but every time I'd do so he'd bruise my arms by pushing me harder against the wall, "Is this what you really want?"

"You think I want it to be like this? No.. if you weren't always such a skanky whore it wouldn't have to be like this," I started to cry, not able to hold it back anymore for every place on my body he had touched, was in pain.

"Evie?" His attention was brought to my older sister standing in the door way, revenge written all over her face. And that's when I had the chance to run free, down the hallway and out of the front door.

"See what you've done? You're lucky I don't slam your ass into the wall next!" Where the last words I'd heard from him before running down the street, towards a nearby lake where I could be alone.

I didn't want to make this decision because I did love him no matter how much he'd hurt me. But I had no choice. I couldn't live like this any longer, so I staged my death. Calling the cops to arrest him, and my mom to notify him of my death. Fake death.

Knowing I wasn't safe in Arlington Hills anymore, my mom sent me to live with my aunt in New York where I would never have to see Cole again. Until now that is.

**

I approached my dorm, yawning do to being exhausted from driving so long. I crossed my fingers— hoping Cole wasn't inside with Nova. All day I've been planning a conversation in my mind in case I had to confront him. But nothing's worked out.

I unlocked the door with my keys, holding in my breath and listening to every possible noise. When I got inside. There where no people, not even Nova. Maybe she got him out after all and is taking him home— hopefully.

I closed the door in relief and collapsed on my twin size bed, that sat right next to the front door. This past week had been hell for me. And as much as I wished my cousin hadn't died, I had to live with it.

Five minutes later I received a knock at the door. And that's when I became fragile, nor able to move because I was frightened. But I still opened it, knowing the chance of it being someone I disliked was high.

"Evinor?" He froze, and just looked at me. Of course it was the one person I didn't want to see, "This can't be real."

"What do you want Cole? Your girlfriend isn't here, so you can leave," I assured, not making direct eye contact with him because it was too awkward.