20- Safe.

Nova Dillon

We walked into the hospital together. Our hands combined, and our heads up high. I could just picture my mom's reaction once she saw us together. And my dad, who never believed in me having a boyfriend. It was time for them both to suck it up.

"So, how's Calen doing?" Cole whispered into my ear once we where inside the room, "I mean. He's clearly not doing okay, but will he be okay?"

"I don't even know," I groaned, and started shaking my head, "With all of our prayers, I'm sure he'll be perfectly fine sooner or later."

My mom and dad where both inside the room with us- surprisingly. Not saying a word to each other, just staring down at Calen awkwardly. Cole and I took a seat in the opposite corner of the room.

"Good to see you Cole," My mom greeted, but I could tell she was faking it all. Because I knew how much she hated him, "I'm kind of happy to see you." There it goes. The kind of.

"Really? It seems that everyone in this room hates me; besides you Nova, and I don't know who you are," He looked at my dad who was glaring at him ever since he entered the room holding my hand.

"Who the hell is that?" Cole whispered once we took a seat, and he then looked at my dad who was staring directly at us, "He's kind of scary, and I don't think he likes me very much."

"M-My dad," My look was disappointed, and I knew he realized how unhappy I was to be in his presence.

I could both hear and feel Cole gulp, and his hands where shaking intensely, as if he thought my dad was going to smash his brains in. Which he probably would.

"Nova," My dad finally spoke, "Who's this?"

I looked up at him with an- I don't give a fuck look, "Cole Sprouse, my boyfriend."

He tensed up, then slowly started approaching us, "You know you aren't aloud to have a boyfriend. And out of all people, you chose this pot head?"

"Excuse me," Cole stood up, and basically pushed my dad forward, "I've heard about you. How could you have a say in her life, when you left her alone! Almost her entire life when I've-" He paused, and probably thought of the moment he left me.

But the fact that he was sticking up for me was brave. And It warmed my heart, that he actually remembered the things I had told him three months ago. I patted his back, and tried to comfort him, "It's okay, just sit down."

"The point is. I care about her! And you care about your alcohol; big difference."

My dad was shocked. And the fact that he got abusive quickly, scared the hell out of me, "Dad calm down, please don't touch Cole," I begged.

"I'm leaving," He grabbed his coat, "You're going down the wrong path Nova. I don't think you're my daughter anymore. Wait, I thought that the first time I saw you. Never mind."

Dick head.

He left the room without looking back, and the first thing my mom thought to do was hug me, "Don't let him get to you. You know how he is."

"I'm sorry Nova, I didn't know what to do. I could just picture your face, telling me all of those horrid stories," Cole cringed, "I care about you. And I'm not going to let anyone ruin your life."

"Thank you," I wrapped my arms around his stomach, and sat behind him. I wanted badly to cry, but I was used to my dad walking out on us. So what's the point?

A miracle happened that very moment. Something shockingly amazing, yet crazy happened. Calen's eyes shot open, and he spoke, "What the hell? I thought you two broke up."

Of course that's not what I expected him to say. But the point is, he said something.

There wasn't one tear not shed when this happened. We all dashed towards him with thankful smiles, and thanked heaven for bringing him back, "Calen? Oh god," I cried on the small kids stomach, "I'm so glad to see you."

"Hey kid, you probably don't know me," Cole played with his hair, "But I hope to be around here  for a long time. So you might want to get used to 'e."

"I already know about you. I may have read Nova's journal, and she's all you talk about. And you left her? So she cried," He explained carelessly, and I wanted to punch him but I couldn't in the condition he was in.

The room was silent, and Cole looked down at his hands in a depressing way, "Is that true Nova?" She looked up at me.

"We already talked about this. I forgive you. So let's not talk about it anymore," I forced a smile.

"I love you," He kissed me, and I felt awkward because my brother and mom where watching with cringed faces.

"My family's watching us," I giggled, and he quickly backed away.

"Sorry, that was inappropriate," He forced a smile, "Sorry Mrs. Dillon, it won't happen again."