26- Maria

Cole Sprouse

Remember when I had that terrible nightmare, that probably would've ended up being my not so lucky reality. Well, I've done a lot of thinking. What if Nova and I get back together and that's why I'm so abusive! Because she cheated on me in the past.

I feel so broken inside. I keep pretending none of this is real; because it sure as hell doesn't feel real. I was going to ask her to marry me last night, but it wouldn't have mattered. I lost the damn ring.

"Cole, are you here?" I heard a loud pound on mine and Dylan's room. I had locked myself inside of the room ever since I got home last night. I cried. But it's not something I'd like to bring up because it's embarrassing.

"It's Dylan, please let me in."

"I kicked you the fuck out! Get out of my house!" I almost screamed, "You took my girlfriend from me, and I never want to see you again."

"Cole, you're being ridiculous. Just let me in," I could hear him groan. And just like that, he opened the door with his fingernails and pranced in.

"I will slice your head off," I threw the nearest pillow at him and covered my red puffy eyes up, "Leave now!"

"I thought I'd give you this, a letter from Nova. I know you don't want to look at it, but just do it! It was my fault, not hers," He placed a note at the bottom of my feet, then left the room.

"Great! You're still talking to her after we're broken up? I hate you."

But he didn't hear me. He left the house in an instant, probably not wanting to add anymore confrontation. So, as much as I didn't want to read the letter. I picked it up, and read it bottom to top.

October 18th, it read. That was a while after I disappeared.

Cole M. Sprouse. You changed my life in an extraordinary way. Something no ones ever heard of before. So if you're reading this, I ask you to come back because I truly miss you. When I told you my life was out of place, and I was unfocused. It meant something completely different in your eyes. I realized that loosing you, was only killing me. So baby, please come back to me! I miss you in a way that's impossible. I love you.

- Nova Dillon.

Fuck me up. Why the hell did Dylan give me this letter? To make me feel worse about myself? He obviously doesn't realize that it was his and Nova's fault.

I threw the note across the room and started to cry. My entire life, I always considered myself a tough guy, who'd never cry. And here I am, crying over a girl who clearly didn't love me enough.

It was time for me to continue on with life. It wasn't doing any good lying around in my room all day starving myself. I wanted to graduate high school, especially if I wanted money to do the things I wanted.

I brushed through my dark hair and put a flannel over myself. Instead of leaving through the front door, I climbed down from the roof like I usually would and calmly walked down the street.

I looked up at Nova's house for the slightest second, and saw her teary eyes looking down at me. I blinked, then continued to walk like I didn't know she was there.

I walked to Harry's house. Don't ask why, he's bullied me ever since kindergarten but for some reason he always considered me a friend.

"Cole, what are you doing here?" Harry asked, actually looking worried for once, "Don't say anything. I heard what happened and you can come hang out with me."

"Thanks Harry. I just need a real life. I spent so much of my life avoiding people, and doing drugs. But I've cleared up and want to have actual friends," I explained as he closed the door behind me.