Version E Ending

32:17:48 

“I can’t do this.” Deyanira whispered to herself as she entered her bedroom after she got home from the store. She had just bought a bottle of sleeping pills.

“I can’t do it—they’re going to amputate my arm to shoot into space so that it doesn’t hurt us here, but I just can’t do it!” Deyanira let a tear fall from her eyes, “I can’t deal with that much pain! I could do the blood ritual and cutting my palm, but I can’t do this!

Deyanira ran over to the mini fridge in her room and opened it up. She yanked a bottle of water out and slammed it quickly shut.

“No,” Deyanira said, “I can’t do that yet—I need to write a note.” Deyanira sat the bottle of water and the bottle of sleeping pills on her bedside table. She grabbed her backpack and searched through it for a pen and a sheet of paper.

“There!” she exclaimed as she pulled out a clean sheet and a pen. She stood up and walked over to her bed and sat down. She place the paper on the bedside table and began to write.

Once she finished writing the letter she sat the pen carefully on top of it. She now wished she would’ve used a pencil instead because a couple tears had fallen on the paper and she was worried that they might make the ink run.

Deyanira looked at the bottle of sleeping pills. She took a deep breath and picked them up. She had slight trouble with opening the bottle, but not too much. After it was opened she dumped the pills out on her bedside table and counted them.

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen, twenty, twenty-one, twenty-two, twenty-three, twenty-four, twenty-five, twenty-six, twenty-seven, twenty-eight, twenty-nine, thirty, thirty-one, thirty-two, thirty-three, thirty-four, thirty-five, thirty-six, thirty-seven, thirty-eight, thirty-nine, forty.

Forty sleeping pills lie on the table in front of her.

I am going to swallow every single one of these. Deyanira thought. She grabbed the bottle of water and opened it. She sat the cap down on the table.

Two at a time. Deyanira thought, That would work—I’ll get it over with faster like that than by one at a time.  And Deyanira picked up two of the pills and popped them into her mouth. She took a drink of water and swallowed.

She repeated that process nineteen more times until she had run out of pills.

“There…” Deyanira yawned, “They’re all gone…” She drank down the rest of the water and lied down on her bed.

“Goodnight…”

ͼΘͽ 

“I can’t believe this…” Lieta said as she entered Deyanira’s room, “She’s… dead…”

“Look at her arm,” Aubrey said, “The numbers are gone.”

“What?” Andy and Lieta asked simultaneously as they walked over to see her blank arm.

Aubrey looked at Deyanira’s bedside table and saw a piece of paper. Out of curiosity, she moved the pen on top of it and picked up the paper. As Lieta and Andy scanned Deyanira’s arm, Aubrey’s eyes widened as they scanned over the words.

Isabel!” Aubrey yelled after a gasp.

Isabel ran into the room with tears in her eyes, “What is it, Aubrey?”

“Your daughter left a suicide note!” Aubrey said as she held out the note.

Isabel gasped as she walked over to take the paper. Lieta and Andy had turned away from Deyanira and now everyone was watching Isabel read her daughter’s suicide note.

Once she finished reading, Isabel sniffled and held the paper out to Lieta who immediately took it.

Isabel left the room in tears.

Lieta looked at the letter and read it aloud:

Dear Mom, Lieta, Aubrey and Andy,

                I’m sorry to have gone like this, but I just couldn’t do it. I couldn’t bear to know that I was going to have my arm amputated. I wouldn’t have been able to bear the pain. I’m sorry if this completely messes everything up and now the bomb will go off, but maybe you can still do it—at least now I know I won’t be able to feel the pain.

                Once again, I’m so sorry if this messes everything up. I will miss you all. I’ll try to pull a Zaviera and show up during a birthday ritual if I can. I love you guys.

Love,

Deyanira

Lieta let a tear run down her face as she finished reading, “She already did stop it…”

Andy took Lieta into his arms and whispered to her to calm down and that it would be okay. The bomb was stopped and everyone was safe.