Version A Ending

0:30:14 

“It’s open, Aubrey.” Andy says as he puts the slightly bloody scalpel in his pocket, “You’re free to operate.”

“This fucking hurts.” Deyanira stated as she looked down the where Andy had opened up her wrist so that Aubrey could try detonating the bomb by cutting veins as if they were cords, “Please do this quickly, Aubrey, I want my skin to be closed back up as quickly as possible.”

“I’ll try to do it as quickly as I can but I can’t promise that this will be a quick process.” Aubrey said as she pulled the tiny scissors out of her pocket and took Deyanira’s hand, “Please stay calm for this—I don’t want to make any mistakes.”

“I know you don’t want to make any mistakes—if you make any mistakes we’ll all die. And I’d probably die first of blood loss.”

Aubrey shivered at the thought. She had always been slightly queasy when it came to blood, but she always found a way to deal with it. Especially now when the entire world was at stake. Aubrey knew more about operations like this than her brother did—she had the photographic memory to thank for that—but Andy hadn’t remembered everything because his memory was only semi-photographic.

Aubrey took a deep breath and slightly squeezed Deyanira’s hand, “I’ll do my best.”

“Good luck, Aubrey.” Deyanira said.

“I know you can do it, Aubrey,” Andy said as her gripped Lieta’s hand, “You’ve practiced doing this—I know you can do it for real.”

“Stay calm, Aubrey,” Lieta added, “I know you can do it if you just stay calm.”

“Thanks guys,” Aubrey said, “Now don’t worry—I can do this.”

Deyanira squeezed Aubrey’s hand and smiled at her. Deyanira knew that Aubrey could do this—she just needed to make sure that the pain didn’t make her flip out. She didn’t think she would be able to do that.

Aubrey held up the scissors and scanned over all the veins. She chose a thin, lonely one and slowly moved the scissors over by them and carefully clipped the vein.

As soon as the vein split, Deyanira tensed up and took in a sharp breath.

I can’t do this!” Deyanira screamed, “The pain is unbearable!” Deyanira accidentally jerked when she spoke, causing Aubrey to accidentally cut a wrong vein.

Aubrey gasped and jumped back, tears in her eyes, “Oh my God!

Deyanira looked down to her wrist to see the vein that was cut on accident.

It was her life line.

“Oh no…” Deyanira said, “I’m so sorry…”

“It’s okay, Deyanira,” Lieta said as she wiped her eyes, “I should been prepared to do a calming spell.”

“We were all worried about whether or not Aubrey could do it that we completely forgot about you…” Andy said, “You’re the one that was going through pain… I can’t believe we were that stupid.”

Deyanira looked down at her arm, “… Guys…”

“What?” Lieta asked.

“… The bomb…” Deyanira said, “The timer sped up…”

And the last noise they heard before the bomb went off was the sound of Aubrey letting out a choked scream.