8755:15:42

“Ready for the ritual?” Lieta asked as she lit the last candle.

“You know I’m always ready for the ritual.” Deyanira replied.

“Awesome—Aubrey, I want you by the element fire and Deyanira, I want you by the element water. I’ll stand over here by-” Lieta was cut-off in her instruction when a piercing sound cracked through the air.

What the hell was that?” Deyanira yelled after the sound ceased.

“It sounded like someone was screaming or something. “Aubrey answered.

“Look!” Lieta said as she pointed to the space above the element spirit, “Something’s opening!”

A colorful vortex ripped open in the air above the candle that represented spirit. From the vortex emerged a solid white figure—a girl. The girl was completely white—white as paper—and her hair and dress matched her skin—pure white. Her skin was flawless and the white made her blue eyes look even bluer. Her hair danced around her waist in loose curls. Most of her hair is straight—it begins to swirl around itself around her chest. Her dress touched the floor when she stood and had folds in just the right places.

“I’m sorry to have made such a rude entrance while you were in the middle of your ritual, but this is important.” the girl said. Her voice was like hearing tiny bells ringing—it was so soothing.

“My name is Zaviera. I am here to tell you—Deyanira—that you pose a threat to your planet. That tattoo that always changes that you’re currently covering with your sleeve,” Zaviera point at Deyanira’s right arm and Deyanira pushed up the lacy sleeve, “That is not just a weird birth defect—that is the countdown to when the bomb will go off. And the bomb is you.”

“What?” Deyanira asked, “How can I be a bomb? I don’t understand.”

“Allow me to explain. The timer on your arm counts down to the end of the world—your sixteenth birthday. When that timer hits zero, the bomb will go off and will blow up the entire world. I know what you’re thinking—how do I know this? I know this because I was the Timebomb of my planet: Abiit. I assume you no longer learn about Abiit in school—it was a planet in the Solar System that this planet—Earth—is in. Abiit was between Mars and Jupiter and was the largest planet of the Solar System—at least it was until I came along. I was the timebomb of planet Abiit. When I turned sixteen is when it burst into smithereens. Dead. Gone. Forever. I’m here because I don’t want this to happen again—I came to warn you so that you can save your people from total destruction.”

“W-wow…” Deyanira said. It was the only thing that she could come up with. She didn’t expect to be told that she was a danger to her people—she was utterly shocked.

“I know that this is a lot to take in, but you have to. You must find a way to stop the bomb and save your people.” Zaviera’s image began to fade, “Damnit, I can’t stay any longer, but I will be back. For now try anything you can to lift this curse!” With that last word, Zaviera disappeared into thin air and the vortex was gone.

“… Well…” Lieta said, “I assume that we won’t be performing the ritual this year…”