Version C Ending

1:13:57

 “Yes, 911, my friends and I heard someone screaming and we came out here to see this girl and she only had one arm and where the other one should be she’s just bleeding out. Please, send an ambulance quickly!” Aubrey lied into the phone as Deyanira screamed in pain.

“It’s a good thing that Deyanira’s screaming so loud or else the 911 operator might hear what we’re doing.” Lieta said to Andy as she finished putting Deyanira’s missing arm on the miniature rocket that Aubrey and Andy constructed.

“Yeah,” Andy said, “If they heard that rocket then we’d be screwed.”

Lieta laughed as she closed the arm inside the rocket and backed away.

“You sure you got it in there tight?” Andy asked Lieta.

“Yeah,” Lieta answered, “Now just do this quickly—we don’t want the ambulance showing up to see us launching an arm into outer space.”

Andy let out a laugh as he picked up the remote for the rocket.

Aubrey yelled, “Please hurry!” Into the phone, but Andy knew it was directed at him.

Andy looked back at Deyanira and said, “Say ‘goodbye’ to the bomb, Deyanira.” She only screamed in pain as a reply.

Andy looked back at the rocket and then down at the remote. He flipped switches and took a deep breath.

“Lieta,” Andy said, “Push this button.” He pointed at a green button on the remote.

“Okay.” Lieta said as she reached her hand over to the remote. She took a deep breath and pushed it.

As soon as the button was pushed the rocket made an extremely loud sound as if the bomb were exploding inside it. Deyanira screamed louder into the phone to cover up the noise of the rocket. After the sound slightly died down, the rocket exploded up from its spot and quickly shot up out of the atmosphere.

Aubrey smiled as she watched the rocket exit the atmosphere as said quickly into the phone, “Please hurry, time’s running out for this girl!”

Deyanira screamed once again, but this time she did it more out of joy than pain.

Lieta looked over at them and smiled.

Andy hugged Lieta from behind and said, “We did it!” Lieta turned around and wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him.

“I know we did it, Andy,” she said, “But before you go and help stop Deyanira’s bleeding, you need to go throw that remote in the creek.”

“Okay.” Andy said as he let go of her and turned to head towards the creek.

Lieta ran over to Deyanira and helped Aubrey to stop the bleeding. She started hearing sirens in the distance which meant that the ambulance was near. Andy quickly returned and started helping to stop the bleeding just as the doctors could be seen in the distance running towards them.

ͼΘͽ 

“Mom!” Deyanira said as she walked in the door of her house with the help of her friends. She just got released from the hospital after getting a prosthetic arm.

Deyanira’s mom came into the room and said, “Great! You’re back!” Deyanira’s mom hugged her.

“Oh, by the way, Deyanira,” Lieta said as Deyanira pulled back from the hug, “Happy birthday! What would you like to do first this year?”