∞Chapter 22∞

Michael

I carried Noelle on my back, walking past Luke and out the door. He yelled, but I soon realized he was yelling at the television, for freezing on him during the middle of the football game. "Do you want to help Uncle Michael write a song?" I asked Noelle, peeking my head into the backseat. She nodded, holding her knees to her chest.

"Okay, I'm going to call a pizza in okay? So we can eat, pepperoni, yeah?" I confirmed, trying to make sure she felt comfortable. She had gone through such a hectic day and I didn't feel she was safe around Luke when drunk, especially after what happened last time.

I walked into the kitchen, turning on the heater, it being considerably cold outside. I called in the pizza, finding out it'd be around 30 minutes until it'll be delivered. "Okay baby, sit over here so we can start the song." I called her over, patting a spot next to me on the couch.

She stood up from the floor, sitting next to me but keeping a distance. "You can scoot closer if you want... I don't mind." I hummed, trying to make sure she was as comfortable as could be. She finally scooted closer to me, and I brainstormed an idea for a song.

I sat there for a good fifteen minutes before giving up, calling Ashton. "Holaaaaa!" He shouted into the phone. "What? The lines breaking?" I asked, before hearing the phone beep meaning the call had ended. "Pfft, I'm just wasting time, talking on a broken line." I muttered. "That's IT!" I yelled, grabbing the notepad and a pencil.

"Are we wasting time talking on a broken line? Telling you I haven't seen your face in ages, I feel like we're as close as strangers." I wrote, singing the part out loud. Noelle clapped from the spot on the couch where she sat. "You think that part is okay?" I asked. She nodded, smiling. That gave me inspiration to finish the song.

~~~

Calum

"Six weeks since I've been away

And now you're sayin' everything has changed, And I'm afraid that I might be losing you. And every night that we spend alone

It kills me thinking of you on your own

And I wish I was back home next to you

Oh, everyday

You feel a little bit further away

And I don't know what to say

Are we wasting time, Talking on a broken line? Telling you I haven't seen your face in ages

I feel like we're as close as strangers

Won't give up, Even though it hurts so much. Every night I'm losing you in a thousand faces

Now it feels we're as close as strangers

Late night calls and another text

Is this as good as we're gonna get? Another timezone taking me away from you. Living dreams in fluorescent lights,

While you and I are running out of time.

But you know that I'll always wait for you

Oh, everyday

You feel a little bit further away

And I don't know what to say

Are we wasting time, Talking on a broken line? Telling you I haven't seen your face in ages

I feel like we're as close as strangers.

On the phone I can tell that you wanna move on. Through the tears I can hear that I shouldn't have gone. Every day gets harder to stay away from you

So tell me...

Are we wasting time,

Talking on a broken line? Telling you I haven't seen your face in ages

I feel like we're as close as strangers

Wasting time, Talking on a broken line.

Telling you I haven't seen your face in ages, I feel like we're as close as strangers

Won't give up,

Even though it hurts so much,

Every night I'm losing you in a thousand faces.

Now it feels we're as close as strangers

Six months since I went away,

And I know everything has changed,

But tomorrow I'll be coming back to you."

Michael sang the finished product to us, finishing the last chord on the guitar. We all applauded, including Noelle. It'd been a week since Noelle had to go with Mikey because Luke's little break down. He finally apologized and had regained Noelles trust.

"Alright guys! I've already figured out the drumming, since Michael showed me the song as soon as he finished it a few days ago, Calum you need to learn the bass for this song and Luke you need to do the piano. Mike, you already know the guitar so help Calum out a little bit and give Luke the sheet music." Ashton instructed, pointing at someone each time he talked. We all nodded, and Michael came over to my little area in my garage.

"Okay so show me what you think it should sound like, considering your ear is always pretty close to the perfect tabs." Michael instructed. I nodded, playing out the song. My fingers slid across the cold neck of the bass, moving them almost robotically as I knew what to play. "Alright so I don't think there needs to be any improvements! Let's record a video guys!" Michael yelled.

"Hi we're 5 Seconds Of Summer, and here is our new song called..." Luke trailed off as Ashton did a little drum roll. "Close As Strangers!" Michael yelled. We all laughed, Noelle giggling behind the camera. "I'm Calum, this is Michael, Ashton and Luke! If you haven't watched our covers before, welcome to the 5SOS Fam! All our social media links are below! Let's goo!!" I announced, motioning to Ashton to start. "1, 2, 3, 4!" He yelled.

We began to play, running through the song smoothly. Michaels voice went amazingly with the smooth song, deep lyrics made it better. "Alright guys! Like subscribe and all that shit, we love you!" Michael yelled. We waved and the screen went black.

~~~

GUYS I AM SOOOO SORRY FOR UPDATING SO LATE

I've had some family issues lately,

And they've only gotten worse. But that's okay because I have y'all and you can always DM me on here, twitter, or even tumblr! Thank you for being here and getting us to 1.3k!

I love you so much, bye!

Hug pugs and don't do drugs,

OH AND QOTD

QOTD: favorite Christmas song?

AOTD: probably That's Christmas To Me by Pentatonix ❤️

Love, Ash.

Twitter: @AshTheIdiot

Tumblr: @ashtheldiot (lowercase L NOT capital i)