∞Chapter 2∞

•Nøelle

"Hemmings. My name is Luke

Hemmings." Is the last thing he said before he walked off, leaving me confused in the hallway. I slowly bent down and grabbed my shattered glass of wine off the floor, well what was left of it. Shit. Where is my phone?

The hallways were empty, no one to be seen except me. Maybe Ashton saw where my phone is? He probably doesn't want anything to do with me because I creeped him out. But what can I say? My parents never believed in me.

My heels clomped down the empty hardwood floors, the grey sheen wall having sequin patterns on it from the light reflecting on my dress. I frantically searched for my phone up and down the hall while looking for the dining hall. It's already been 15 minutes I'm sure.

I finally ran up and down the hall, frantically searching. I forgot I was holding the wine glass and squeezed it so hard that the bottom shattered in my hand, leaving a piece stuck in my hand. "Fuck... ASHTON!" I yelled. He's the only one I know and who has been nice to me.

I heard the frantic pitter patter behind me of leather shoes. "Noelle! Where have you been?! I've been looking for you ever since Luke had pulled you aside, I had a feeling something was wrong. He never pulls anyone aside except when he..." He trailed off after rambling. "Except when he what?" I asked curiously.

Ashtøn

"Except when he what?" She asked, her brown eyes widening with every word. I couldn't tell her. She'd think I was lying or she'd tell the authorities. I'm sure of it. I studied the beautiful figure infront of me. Something was different from when I last saw her only a half an hour earlier.

Then I noticed. A huge hand print was on her left cheek, glass in her hand. I breathed out in relief. He hadn't done it. "Holy shit who slapped you Noelle?!" I yelled! She put her her hand without the glass in it over my mouth, and motioned me to come down the hall.

We walked until we got outside. "Noelle, who slapped you. Tell me right now we have to do something about this. "Uh.. I-it was..." she stuttered. I realized who had done it by the size of the hand print.

"Did Luke slap you?" I asked, eyes watering. She looked around and once the coast was clear, she nodded.

"Motherfucker!" I yelled. She jumped at my words. I took my hand and ran it softly across her cheek. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. "Please tell me your joking." I whispered. She only shook her head, signaling no.

Noelle all of the sudden burst into tears. "H-he just pull-pulled me aside an-and.." She was crying so hard she hiccuped. When she couldn't finish her sentence I got extremely scared. "He what Noelle." I said as calmly as possible.

"He called me worthless and that I'm a slut and just totally made me feel like shit. I always get told this but by a total stranger hurt so much more for some reason and I just feel like I should die I can't take it anymore. I'm so done and I haven't cried in so long I can't do this." She hiccuped and hysterically cried.

I pulled her aside and sat her on a bench. I slowly pulled the glass out, trying to make it as painless as possible but she didn't even flinch. She only kept crying. As soon as all of the glass was out I pulled her into my chest.

"Within a minute I was all packed up.

I've got a ticket to another world.

I don't wanna go.

I don't wanna go.

Silent words are hard to speak.

When your thoughts are all I see.

Don't ever leave. She said to me.

When we both fall asleep.

Underneath the same sky.

To the beat of our hearts at the same time.

So close but so far away.

Can you hear me?

She sleeps.

Alone.

My heart wants to come home.

I wish I was.

I wish I was.

Beside you."

I sang quietly to her, to get her to calm down as much as possible. By time I finished the song she was just quietly hiccuping. "That was beautiful." She quietly croaked, voice hoarse from crying. "Thank you. It's called Beside You." I told her.

"Guess what I called him." She told me, leaning up from my chest. "What'd you call Hemmo?" I asked, giggling at the name I gave Luke. "I called him a tall Breadstick Bastard!" She laughed hysterically. Soon we were both laughing so hard that tears were streaming down our faces.

"Thanks for helping me Ash." She said quietly.

"Of course. What are friends for?"

***

HI GUYS!! I wrote this on my way back from San Francisco, and guys there was so much damn traffic I was gonna die. Thank god for Spotify and car chargers.

WHAT DO Y'ALL THINK ABOUT ASHTONS NEW HAIRCUT??

I cried when I saw it js.

ANYWAYS ILY GUYS

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY/NIGHT/AFTERNOON!

HUG PUGS, DONT DO DRUGS

Love,

Ash.