He nodded innocently.

For Elizabeth, this conversation was already over.

"Listen, you need to go away. Just go back to wherever you came from. Got it, kid?" She said, more like ordered, and turned to walk away from him.

"Hey, I am not a kid." He shouted angrily at her retreating back.

She paused and faced him again.

"Oh? How old are you then?"

He smiled cheekily and answered her, pride evident in his voice.

"I am ten." He held out all his fingers in front of her. "Look, I completed all my fingers. That's why I am not a kid anymore." He exclaimed and grinned widely.

"What about your toes?" She asked feigning confusion.

His smile faded.

"What about my toes?" he asked her actually confused.

"You need to complete your toes too, in order to grow up." She explained. "So you are still a kid, kid." She smirked.

His eyes widened and his face fell.

"How old are you?" he asked, curious to know whether she completed her toes or not.

"I am 21." She lied.

Ha! Finally got him. She thought smugly.

He pouted.

"But Jackie never told me this." He mumbled sadly.

Jackie?

"What's your name? And who is Jackie?" she asked almost afraid of knowing the answer.

"I am Daniel Sanders and Jackie is my – "

"There you are." came Trent's voice from behind Daniel.

He was breathing heavily by the time he reached them. He was frantically searching for Daniel once he noticed that he wasn't playing with the others. That's when he caught a glimpse of him talking to a blonde. He just knew that he had to get there before Daniel spilled the beans.

"You shouldn't wander away like that." He scolded Daniel.

"Sorry!" he apologized and gestured towards Elizabeth. "I made a new friend today." He said happily.

Trent looked at Elizabeth, unsure of how to speak to her, since he was unaware of what they talked.

"Hey?" he asked her more than greeting her.

But Beth didn't answer. She couldn't. Her heart was pounding in her chest; her body had gone rigid as soon as she heard the word Sanders. Her voice was caught in her throat.

Trent was confused by her behaviour. Her face showed panic and her eyes, fear.

What is she thinking?

"Are you okay?" he asked uncertainly.

"Y-You aren't J-Jack S-San – ?" She couldn't even complete the question.

Deep breaths Em. Deep breaths. Everything is okay. Just fine. She kept saying over and over in her head.

"But you have green eyes and he has blue." She seemed to be talking to herself.

Trent froze.

Damn it. Guess he was too late. Wait a minute. How did she know that Jack has blue eyes?

"How do you know he has blue eyes?" He asked her harshly, dropping the act.

Blue eyes? Blue eyes. BluWESTIN BLACK!

She froze. Her eyes widened.

He was right in front of her this entire time?! God! She is so stupid. How did she not notice, he had the same blue eyes.

She cursed herself for her stupidity.

Finally acknowledging Trent, she asked.

"Westin. Westin is Jack, isn't it?" She needed the confirmation.

Trent hesitated at first and just stared at her blankly, then after a few moments, nodded once.

She let out a breath, she didn't know she was holding and hesitated to ask more.

"Just spit it out, Beth." Trent snapped.

"W-What's your name?"

If Westin was a fake identity then it was obvious that the others were too.

"Blair." He said quietly. "Trent Blair."

No!

This wasn't supposed to happen. She was supposed to stay away from them and not get this close. And yet, here she was, right into the heart of The Group with these elite people.

"Now will you tell me, how you knew about – " Trent started, but was cut off.

"I n-need to g-go." She stuttered out and almost sprinted from there.

Danny who was quiet the entire time, getting more and more confused by the second, tugged at Trent's hand.

"Trenny?"

"Hmm?"

"I think, I just fell in love and I didn't even get to ask her name."

Don't forget to vote, if you guys like it.

-DS