It's time to let go

Chapter Thirty

[Important Authors note at the very end! Hope you enjoy!<3]

****

"Alright, everything is ready to go." Dean said as he walked up to the group of us who were standing behind the bench that was in front of Allison's grave. "We'll give you guys a few minutes..." 

I nodded with a somber look on my face, both Sam and Dean looked at me with sympathy on theirs before they walked away from us for a moment. I knew that we didn't have long considering we had to get this whole thing done quickly, but I still felt like I had so much to say to Allison before she had to leave. I had hoped that she could stay, that she could always be there right by my side when I needed her, that I wouldn't have to say goodbye to my best friend for a second time. But, reality was that she had to go, no matter how much I wanted her to stay. 

Reality was about to hit me like a ton of bricks. 

Now it was time to actually say goodbye. 

"This is weird..." Allison whispered, her eyes locked on her grave. "I mean, I've seen it before, ya know? When you would come visit and I'd be standing right next to you...but I guess it's different now that you know I'm here. It almost feels like I'm seeing it for the first time..." 

The world around us was quiet but the air felt extremely heavy. 

"Well, I guess saying a quick goodbye to everyone individually would probably be best..." She seemed hesitant but ready. 

"Can I go first?" Scott asked, eager to speak with Allison since he hadn't seen her since Mexico. "If that's okay..." 

A soft smile tugged on Allison's lips, "Yeah...that's perfect." 

[Third Person] 

Stiles, Autumn and Lydia walked over to where Sam and Dean were standing to give Scott and Allison a moment of privacy to say goodbye. 

Scott's eyes couldn't look away from the pale girl that stood in front of him, but regardless he didn't want to. He knew that this was the last time he would ever look at her like this and he wanted to treasure every last second. It felt like he had just gotten Allison back, but she was about to be ripped away from him once again. Did he know that it was for the best? Of course. Did that stop him from feeling the way he did? No. He felt selfish to want her to stay when he knew that she needed to move on, that, that was what was best for her, but having her here was what he wanted more than anything. 

"So, I guess we really don't have much time..." 

Allison nodded, "Yeah, but at least it's something, right?" 

"Yeah." Scott softly smiled, "I-I'm not really sure where to start here so I guess I'll start by saying thank you for what you did back in Mexico. I don't know what would have happened if you wouldn't have shown up..."

"You had it in you to fight it, Scott." Her eyes couldn't leave his, "You need to believe in yourself more." 

He let out a soft chuckle but nodded, "You've always believed in me...you help me believe in myself." 

"I'll never stop believing in you. No matter what. I promise you." 

Scott had held himself together for the most part, but he could feel his emotions rising. His throat tightened which usually meant he was about to cry, but he didn't want to do that right now. Not in front of Allison. "I hate that you have to leave again." 

"I do too, but I feel like I was never meant to stay. Maybe I was given this chance so I could get some closure." 

"Now that I think about it, I think I've been able to feel you around me...like before I actually saw you in Mexico, but I never said anything because I thought everyone would think I was crazy."