Conceal, Don't Feel

Chapter Eleven 

****

It felt like I was at a setback, once again just going through the motions. The progress I had been making was tremendous in my eyes, but when I thought my heart was finally starting to heal something came along and cracked it into pieces yet again. 

That someone being Stiles. 

As of right now things were so unclear with Stiles and I, I wasn't sure where things were going to go. This whole situation wasn't just me losing my boyfriend, but I lost my best friend as well, something that I thought would never happen. Betrayal was one of the many things I felt, one of the few people I could put all of my trust into made me realize that even those few people could break you. Somehow my body found it's way back into bed, huddled under the covers as deeply as I could get. Lydia had decided to stay home as well, so I spent the morning explaining everything that had happened yesterday to her. First she apologized for listening to Stiles and not telling me right away, but then she was ready to go rip his head off for the whole Heather thing. After chasing her around the house for a solid hour I finally calmed her down a bit. 

My phone had been going off the hook all morning, majority of the messages being from Stiles, occasionally Scott popping up as well. My hand found it's way to the ringing device before I shut it on silent, dropping it right back onto my bed. 

"Hey, that one was me

"Hey, that one was me." My mother said from the doorway, "Do you need anything before I head over to the school, sweetie?" 

The look on her face was full of sympathy, and that's one thing I absolutely hated. I hated the feeling of people feeling sorry for me, I hated feeling like they were looking at me like some fragile china doll. "Sorry..." I apologized softly, moving just enough in my bed to where I could see her at the door. "No, I don't need anything...but thank you." 

"Do you wanna talk before I go?" 

I shook my head lightly, "No thanks, we can talk later or something...you better get to the school..." 

Letting out a sigh her legs began walking in my direction and before I knew it she was seated on the side of the bed with her hand grasping onto mine. "Sweetheart, keeping things bottled up inside isn't going to help anything, I think we've all learned that over the years." 

"I talked to Lydia earlier about some stuff..." I tried to force a smile but failed miserably. Her hand brushed against my tear stained cheeks, the same look of sympathy still on her face. "It just hurts..." I admitted, which was completely obvious to her. 

"Lydia talked to me a bit about what happened...Look, broken hearts hurt but if anyone can get past it, it's you. Sweetheart, you're gonna have broken hearts and you're gonna break some yourself, but it's gonna be okay, I promise. Your relationship with Stiles is so much deeper than just being a couple, you two have been best friends practically your whole lives. In time things will get easier, and hopefully you two can remember that friendship and not let this get in the way."