Wendi go dead

Chapter Six

(Literally laughing so hard at this title, shoutout to deputyjparrish for the help. Puns for days lolz.) 

****

"Of course you're still the team captain. You got your grades up just like coach told you to, right?" Stiles asked as Scott, him and myself walked towards the lacrosse field for some morning practice before the school day started. It'd been a week since the Hale's were robbed and Derek switched back to his normal self, a week that seemed to go by extremely quickly. 

"Yeah, but he never told me I was back on the team. He just told me to show up at tryouts today." 

I slugged behind them a bit, "You're obviously on the team. You know what, I bet I could be on the team if I really wanted to, I'm Finstocks favorite out of all of us." 

Stiles sent me a sarcastic grin before turning back towards Scott, "We got bigger things to deal with anyways. Did you tell Argent yet?" 

"Ah, I texted him but he didn't get back to me–" 

I stopped in my path, grabbing Scott's arm to stop him as well, sending him turning back to see what the hold up was. "Did you seriously just say you sent him a text? You told him his sister Kate was back from the dead...over a text?" My free hand that wasn't grasped onto his arm ran down my face. "Oh my god, you're–" 

"I didn't have the money to call France!" 

Stiles let out a puff of air, "Yeah, you think you got money problems? Try paying for an MRI and a visit to Eichen House." 

The bills had been coming like crazy for Sheriff, it was insane how much both of those things cost. Eichen House definitely wasn't worth the money they charged you to be in there. Most people end up worse than when they originally put themselves inside. I knew that we could help him out with the money situation, at least a bit, but I had slightly offered once and that resulted in somewhat of an argument which was thankfully quickly resolved. I myself had received a small bill, but Lydia and I quickly took care of that considering my parents had absolutely no clue I had been in there in the first place. 

"Another notice?" Scott asked, concern on his face. 

"Yeah..." Stiles sighed, "This one said, 'Final'. You know what...what are we doing here anyway? We got like a 117 million problems and worrying about our status on the lacrosse team is not one of them." 

The field was full of new players practicing for the tryouts, but one in-particular definitely stood out

The field was full of new players practicing for the tryouts, but one in-particular definitely stood out. His movements were clean and swift, and he never let a single lacrosse ball make its way into the goal. "Well, even though we still have a ton of problems we still want to try to live our lives, and I think you may need to add your status on the lacrosse team to your list." I gestured towards the star player on the field. Stiles gave his heart and soul when he would play, but...he was definitely nothing like this kid.