Borderline Idiotic

Chapter Fifteen 

****

"She can't be gone...I just don't get it." Lydia huffed, flopping down on my couch.

My brow rose as I brought my coffee down from my lips, "What are you talking about? Meredith?"

She nodded in reply, "Yeah, I just don't understand how neither of us felt that she was dying. These Banshee powers make no sense sometimes. Maybe being a werewolf would have been the better end of the bargain." 

"You're telling me." I chuckled, "And that wouldn't just be sometimes, it's basically 90% of the time. I swear they have a mind of their own. I just want full control, ya know? I mean we've had these abilities for awhile now, things are getting better but...you get what I'm saying." Right as Lydia's mouth opened to speak once again my phone began ringing, to which I dove to grasp it before it was too late. I had been awaiting a phone call for the past few days that was linked to figuring out if this was truly Allison that was causing all of these strange things happening around here, so every time my phone began to ring I jumped right on answering it. Without looking I brought the phone to my ear, "Hello?" 

"Hey, Autumn." Stiles' voice sounded from the other end of the line. I sunk a little further down in the bed, "Hey...what's going on?" 

"Scott just wanted me to call and tell you to meet at his house around two. We may have come up with a plan and I can guarantee you won't approve, but just give us a chance to explain in person, okay?" 

I was a little uncomfortable talking to him after what had happened last night after we attempted to get Malia to talk to us, which we ultimately failed at. We didn't talk long but somehow I ended up telling him I still didn't want to be together, and that I thought it was best if we stay best friends. But, that wasn't exactly the truth, of course I wanted to still be his best friend, but I wanted so much more than that. Regardless of what has happened between us I was still aching for him, yearning for him in ways that I could no longer have. "Oh, okay...How long should I be there? My mom is throwing a small party at the lake house before we sell it and my dad's coming...if I don't go she'll lose any and all chill she has left. Attempting to sell the place is about to drive her over the edge and–" 

"Autumn, breathe." Stiles chuckled awkwardly, "It won't take long. Just come so we can fill you in and you can leave, okay?" 

"Alright." 

He quickly cleared his throat before speaking again, "Oh, and Autumn...?"

"Yeah?"

"I'd rather us go back to how things used to be before we dated instead of there being this awkward tension between us." I was definitely taken aback by his words, "I know we both wanna pretend it's not there, but we know it is. I can even feel it over the phone right now. Look, I respect your decision for us to keep things the way they are...there's a lot going on and I messed up. If time is what you need, then time is what you'll get. All that matters is that you're still in my life."