A case of I.E.D.

Chapter Nine

****

"I'm here, I'm here!" I burst into Stiles' room, tossing my bag on the floor right away. "Sorry, Lydia and I were talking and then she started acting super weird and I couldn't figure out why, and–" My words came to a halt while I noticed Stiles scrambling to place something in his pocket,  "You okay?" 

He nodded quickly, rushing over to where I was standing. "Yeah, I'm good. Glad you're finally here." A quick kiss was placed on my lips, "What were you and Lydia talking about?" 

"She was explaining the whole deadpool thing. I haven't gotten a chance to see it yet considering someone took it from her." I said, glaring towards him while plopping down on the bed next to Scott. "Glad you guys talked about everything last night when I was taking Malia home." The tone in my voice was completely sarcastic, I was almost offended that they talked about it without me. It was a few days after the party and I had yet to learn anything about what Lydia and I found when we cracked the code. Lydia, Kira, Malia and I spent the whole weekend at the lakehouse, Lydia and I trying to listen for the other two keys to break two other codes. Apparently what we had found was only a third of the deadpool list, and regardless of not knowing anything at the time I still sat there and tried to listen for the keys, which we didn't end up figuring out. No matter how many times we stopped the record and restarted it, all we got was the static sound of a blank record. When I would try to bring up what we had found I was always told to focus, listen, and we would talk about it when we got home. Well, everyone else talked about it but without Malia and I for some reason, which explains why I was running late to get to Stiles'.

The color seemed to drain from his face, "W-What did she say about it?" 

"That there's a deadpool and Supernatural people from Beacon Hills are on it....? Why are you acting so weird?" 

Scott let out a small chuckle from beside me, "Doesn't he always act weird?" 

"True." It was the truth, but there was something off a little more than usual. 

Narrowed eyes darted our way before Stiles made his way back over to his new and improved investigation board. "So, the Walcott's were the first. At least the first that we know about. Four murders. Sean, his brother, and their parents. They were killed by a professional assassin called The Mute." He mentioned as he taped some pictures from the crime scene onto the board. "Weapon of choice, a military tomahawk. But then The Mute was killed by Peter Hale after he tried to blow up Derek with a Claymore mine." 

"Wait, what?" I asked with wide eyes, "Is he okay? When did this happen?" 

Stiles turned his head from the board towards Scott and I, "Last night, and yes he's fine. Anyways, next was Demarco." He said, placing a picture of him next to the Walcott family. 

"Oh, yeah...Lydia told me about him, he's the one that delivered the keg. Speaking of, I still  don't know who paid for it...obviously someone did because he was decapitated at his car when he was leaving." 

"Right." Stiles nodded, "And my dad just told me that last night a 23 year old named Carrie Hudson was also murdered." 

"So, can one of you explain a little bit more? Lydia did a decent job, but it just didn't seem like she wanted to talk about it much in detail." 

Scott turned his body towards me, "Okay, what do you wanna know?" 

"Who's on the list? And how many more possible names do you think there could be? I mean, if this is only a third of the the list...." 

He gave Stiles a quick glance, "Well, to start off...I'm on it."

"Oh no...." I muttered. 

His shoulders just shrugged lightly before he continued, "It'll be okay. Uhh obviously the Walcotts, Demarco, Carrie, then uh....Derek...Kira...Lydia...and–"