Guardian Angel

Chapter Twenty Five

****

"Make yourself at home..." I motioned around me as I closed the door to my house, Sam and Dean both taking a good look at their surroundings while Stiles stayed close to my side. 

Dean let out a soft chuckle, "I don't think you'd want us to do that." He admitted, taking out some kind of device from his jacket. "We're not usually good at the whole home thing, but thank you." 

"So, Autumn, where do things usually tend to happen around here?" Sam asked, slowly making his way towards the living room with the same kind of device that Dean was holding. 

As he stopped in the doorway he turned around to face me once again, "Well.." I started, thinking about all of the numerous weird things that had been happening to me. "...honestly, wherever I'm at. It doesn't matter if I'm home or out somewhere, things just keep happening." Both of the guys furrowed their brow, "I find things where they aren't supposed to be, but nobody else has seemed to touch them. Windows open...doors shut...ya know, things like that." 

"There is definitely somebody lingering around you...first we wanna find out who exactly this is, I know you feel like it's your friend but–" 

"I'm positive I know who it is..." I spoke up, "There's all these signs that just point to her." 

Dean nodded in understanding, "Alright, well...is it cool if we walk around a bit? I take the upstairs and Sam checks things out down here?" 

"Yeah, of course. Go wherever you want." As he nodded his hand reached into his pocket and the familiar shape of a gun caught my eye. "Wait, is that a gun?"  

Dean waved the gun in front of his face so I could get a better look, "Yup." 

My face contorted to confusion, "You can't use a gun on a ghost though, I mean...aren't they already dead?"

Both guys let out a laugh which made me even more confused than I originally was, "Well yes, but the bullets are made from salt. If the spirit turns out to be someone other than your friend and decides it wants to try to kill me, this will take care of them." 

"Oh right...makes sense." Nothing they were doing was anything like I had seen before besides the device in their hands. I had watched plenty of Ghost Adventures in my day and I had never seen them use salt before, but if these guys were the real deal then they must know what they're doing. 

I hope. 

"Alright, let's get started." Sam walked back over to us holding two of the iron rods from the fire place, tossing one to Dean. I was too busy talking to Dean that I hadn't even realized that Sam had walked into the living room. "Go ahead and take the upstairs, I got the basement and we can meet up back on this floor." 

"Sounds like a plan." Dean turned towards me again, "Now you just stay put, alright? If things get ugly I don't want you to be in the line of fire. Stay by the door in case you need to run out of the house, understand?" 

Stiles put his arm around my shoulder, "She'll be fine." 

"I understand." I stated, thankful that he didn't make me promise I wouldn't move because we all knew I would probably end up doing just that eventually. 

The guys split up leaving Stiles and I standing near the front door, "Think they'll be able to figure this out?" 

"Hopefully..."

****

"Sammy!!!" 

For the last few minutes it had been nothing but silence, until now. I could hear things flying around upstairs as Dean began to yell for his brother. It's like Sam just knew his brother was in trouble considering he busted up the stairs from the basement yelling his name back at him.