The Sun, The Moon, The Truth

Chapter Twenty Eight 

****

"You two are not going to Mexico!"

Ever since last night when we found out Scott and Kira had been taken to Mexico we've been trying to not only come up with a plan since we have no idea what we're getting ourselves into, but we've been trying to convince Sheriff to willingly let us go without us having to sneak away. I'm sure he knows deep down that no matter what his answer ends up being we would still be going, but it would be nice to have his approval for once. 

"Dad." Stiles deadpanned, "Scott and Kira have been kidnapped and taken to Mexico, okay? I think that's a pretty good reason for a trip to Mexico." 

I nodded in agreement, "Stiles is right, Sheriff. This is a really good reason, you know how important it is for us to go."

Sheriff looked between the two of us before letting out a heavy sigh, "Okay. Even if Deaton is right about this...the best thing to do is go through the proper channels." 

"Dad–" 

"That means calling the right law enforcement agencies, border patrol, putting out an all-points." 

The entire time Sheriff was saying this Stiles was fighting to get a word in, but I was holding words back myself. There was no way we could wait for all of that to happen, this is Scott and Kira's lives we're talking about. "Dad, we can't just wait around for the wheels of the bureaucracy to start spinning in five different government offices. Okay?" He was visibly stressed, the veins in his neck bulging the more worked up he got. "Someone needs to go down there right now, find them and rescue them! I'm going! I'll even go alone!" 

I placed a comforting hand on his back as his hands slammed into the table, "Now you know I'm not gonna let you do that...I'm going too." 

Sheriff narrowed his eyes at us, "I can keep you both from going!" 

"I'd find a way." 

"I can throw you both into a cell!" 

Stiles just shrugged his shoulders, "I'd still find a way." 

"Stiles, please." Sheriff sighed, running his hands down his face before he placed them on his hips. "Just give me a little more time to verify something a little more concrete than a psychic vision by some guy with a third eye! Look, I will call every law enforcement agency all the way down to South America if I have to. If nothing turns up, then I'll book three flights to Mexico. We'll all go, okay?" 

It was visible that it was killing Stiles to just be standing here considering he kept shifting his weight from one foot to the other, almost as if he was getting ready to take off running. "Okay, okay, great." His hands clasped together, "Do I get a gun?" 

Sheriff and I both gave him a look like we thought he was absolutely crazy, "No!" 

****

"Try this." Stiles tossed one of Scott's jackets back at Malia who had sniffed at least 30 items from his closet so far.