Who ya gonna call?

Chapter Nineteen 

****

"It's very nice to meet you, Autumn." 

Both Dean and Sam gestured for me to take a seat, and they did the same thing themselves. I could tell they wanted to get right down to business and cut the chit chat to a minimum, which I was fine with because my nerves were already spiraling out of control. Ellie explained to me in very few words about their lifestyle, which concerned me the most. They weren't just people who could help out with ghost related situations, they were actual hunters of the supernatural. Any supernatural beings. 

Dean cleared his throat before speaking, "So, tell us a little about Beacon Hills..." 

"Well.." I sat up a little bit more in my seat, "Um, we're a pretty small town as you can tell, not much to talk about. I'd like to say it stays pretty quiet...but uh...you know, every town has their problems and stuff." I forced a small laugh and awkwardly shifted in my seat. I wasn't sure how much I could say, I wasn't sure how much they already knew.

Sam sent a small smile, "Trust me, we know about towns with issues. So, do uh...Supernatural things seem to be a reoccurring thing here?" 

"What did Ellie tell you?" 

I had kept that part of my life a secret from Ellie, until mentioning that weird things were happening around me for a good bit of time now, but that's all she knew and I wanted to keep it that way for as long as I could. All Sam and Dean should know is that, that's happening, not that they're literally sitting in front of a Banshee. They shouldn't know that Beacon Hills is crawling with Supernatural creatures left and right, they shouldn't know any of that. 

But they're hunters, what if they know about the deadpool? What if that's why they were so quick to jump into the town to help me out. Ellie had no idea all of this was happening, she wouldn't have mentioned my situation to them if she knew. 

I just hope they don't know. 

Dean shifted in his seat so he could cross one leg over the other, "She just told us a good friend of hers, you, was experiencing some weird ghost related things on a pretty much daily basis. But, we did some research and found out some things on our own..." I could feel the blood drain from my cheeks as he once again shifted in his seat so his elbows were now leaning on the table. "We know a lot more than Ellie, that's for sure." 

"L-Like what?" I asked, attempting to hide the shakiness in my voice. Anxiety and fear may be rising inside of me, but I couldn't let them see that. "I don't under–" 

"Like how your town is literally swimming in the supernatural, and she failed to mention that you're indeed part of that pool." 

The knots in my stomach were growing in size by the second, and honestly I just wanted to puke right then and there. 

Sam let out a heavy sigh, "Dean." He said sternly before turning towards me, "Look, Autumn...we aren't here to hurt you or your friends." His hands raised up in front of him, "I promise. We just do research as part of our job and figured all of this out." 

"But isn't that what you do? Hunt the Supernatural?" I asked, almost choking on my words. "Why would you make an exception here?" 

"Because..." Sam mirrored his brothers actions and rested his elbows on the table, looking around to make sure nobody was listening in on the conversation. "first off, we know how your town runs things...we actually talked to one of the hunters that lives here, he had worked with our dad on a werewolf case years and years ago." 

"Argent?" 

He nodded before continuing, "Yeah, Argent...Anyways, second we can bend our rules whenever we want. You and your friends aren't hurting anyone, we're only here to help you with your situation and we'll be out of Beacon Hills. It's not like we ended up in this town for reasons we would normally come here. This whole thing is different, you have nothing to worry about. You can trust us, Autumn."