Truth Unveiled

Chapter Ten

****

"Stiles, seriously." I was incredibly agitated at this point, and he was taking as long as he physically could to let the truth come out. 

"Yes! Okay, there are you happy?! You're on the list, right smack dab at the top. Worth the most amount of money on there, even more than Scott and he's a true Alpha. Okay, and I'm freaked out about it! I've already almost lost you twice, I can't go through it again!" 

My hands crossed tightly over my chest, "You lied to me." At this point I wasn't sure how to feel, it was almost as if I was in shock from the reality of Stiles lying to me. Lying to each other was something that we always made sure we kept out of our friendship and then our relationship, and this...this was something big. My life was in danger with this, and he decided to keep it from me. Everyone did. 

He tossed his lacrosse gloves to the ground, "Look, I didn't tell you for your own good, okay?" His hands tried to grab onto my arms to attempt to get to my hands, but I quickly jerked away. "Babe–" 

A scoff slipped from my lips, "For my own good?! Stiles, do you understand that my life is in danger and you were gonna keep that away from me?" He just stared blankly into my eyes, guilt rising in his expression as we continued to look at each other. "Someone is being paid to kill me, and I had no idea. Who else knows about this?" 

"Everyone." He muttered, looking down towards the ground before his eyes wandered back up. "I asked them not to say anything for awhile, you need to hear me out. After everything we've been through you were finally starting to live again, you were–" 

My hand rose into the air stopping his words, "No...just....just don't. I can't believe you would lie about this, and then tell everyone else to keep it from me. How long would you have waited to tell me if Malia wouldn't have said something just now? Would have waited until I was being attacked and having no idea what was happening?" 

"I was going to tell you the truth, I promise..." His voice cracked as he became visibly upset with what was happening, with what he had done. "I'm sorry I lied, I thought I was doing what was right." 

Thoughts were zooming around my head, a small bit of fear creeping up at the thought of the killer possibly being in the same area as we were in. But, aside from those thoughts I was having there were a few more, and I was gonna let one of them out. "If you could lie to me about this, what else have you lied to me about?" The question had to be asked but I was dreading the answer. Every inch of me hoped that he would say there was nothing else, but at this point I wasn't really sure. His eyes drifted away from me while silence washed over us, the expression on his face causing knots to form in my stomach. "Stiles...there's something else you lied about isn't there?" This time my voice was the one cracking as tears began forming in his eyes.

"Babe...can we please finish this later?" 

My head shook side to side as the tears began to roll down my cheeks, "No, this can't wait." 

"