Hold your Breath

Chapter Three

****

I sat in the corner of the cold room we were thrown into, my knees pulled into my chest as the anxiety flowed through my veins. Not only were we being trapped in this small room with no way out, but I had no idea what was happening to my sister. I didn't know what they wanted with her,or why they wouldn't take me too. 

"Babe.." Stiles sat down next to me, grasping onto my shaking hand tightly. "We're gonna get Lydia back. Okay, I–" 

The door opening cut off his words and before I knew it one of the larger men were stomping inside, "You, you're coming with me." His finger pointed in my direction before his hand grasped around my small arm, pain shooting through it due to his strong grip. 

"You're not taking her!" Stiles argued, still holding onto me. 

The man just smirked and let out a chuckle before shoving him across the room with no problem, "Let's go." I was jerked up off of the ground and shoved out the door, my name being screamed from behind the door. 

"Where are you taking me?!" I yelled, attempting to break free from his grip. 

"Outside, I'm sure you want to see your sister." The man responded, tightening his grip. 

At the mention of Lydia I stopped trying to break free, not saying a word while he continued to lead me through the building until we made it to a door that lead outside. The bright sun hit me hard in the face, my eyes burning terribly due to being in the dark for so long. None of us had realized how long we'd been here until, well...now. 

As we turned the corner my sisters strawberry blonde hair came into view, allowing me to let out a breath of relief knowing she was alright. She was seated in front of the woman from earlier who put a grin on her face the moment she saw me. "Ahh, there she is." 

Lydia's eyes widened when she saw me, and she immediately jumped up to grasp me in a hug. "Oh thank God you're okay." I muttered into her shoulder, finally being released from the man's grip. 

"Take a seat, girls. Time for us to have a chat." There were three coffee cups placed on the table as Lydia and I both took a seat. 

"What do you want with us? Can't you just let us go?" 

The woman just sighed, "You know I have to admit, I don't have much experience with Banshee's." She admitted, obviously ignoring my question. 

"That makes three of us–" Lydia responded, "–since we don't really have that much experience being Banshee's." 

"I have a feeling you girls really underestimate your abilities, especially you...Autumn." 

"Trust me, you'd have better luck with tarot cards." I said, as she just stared towards me while she took a sip of her coffee. 

Her smirk sent a bad feeling surging through me, "Well, let's find out. Tell me, which of these men is about to die?" She asked, gesturing to two guards that were standing next to our table. "How does it work? Do you need to touch them? Maybe I give you something they own. Or is it just a...a feeling?" 

"We don't know." Lydia said. 

"Well, each of you felt it when your best friend was about to die, am I right? Just how close to death do they have to be?" Her hand gripped around a knife that was on the table, and just seconds later we watched as it flew through the air hitting the guard on the right directly in the chest. 

My body jolted up from the seat as a gasp fell from my lips, "What'd you do that for?!" 

"He stole from me." The woman shrugged, a stern look on her face.